The Actuarial Finance program is considered one of the toughest disciplines for aspiring financial specialists and is, therefore, reserved for graduates especially interested in this field. Actuaries are very well compensated.
The Bachelor of Actuarial Finance (Hons) prepares students for the exams required to professionally accredit as an actuary. Students will be expected to excel in statistics, calculus, probability and advanced modeling and risk management in order to reach their aspirations to become an actuary.
- Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM): A minimum of Pass in 2 relevant subjects; or
- A-Levels: A minimum of 2 Passes in 2 subjects; or
- Pass South Australian Matriculation (SAM) with a Tertiary Entrance Rank (TER) 70 and Grade B in relevant subjects; or
- Pass Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with an average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects; or
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC): Grade B in 5 subjects; or
- Pass Foundation programs from Manipal International University (MIU); or
- Pass Foundation programs in related fields from other institutions; or
- Pass in International Baccalaureate (IB) with at least 24 points; or
- Pass Matriculation Certificate in related fields, Ministry of Education; or
- Pass Diploma in related fields from any other institutions; or
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Malaysian Government; and
- A credit in Mathematics in SPM, ‘O’ Level or equivalent
- Approved by MQA.
- Designed to meet International Curriculum to be in sync with the global benchmarks and industry requirements.
- Multiple partnerships with organizations to boost capabilities of the students and make them job ready.
- 100% Internship Opportunity and Industrial Training availability with the following partner organizations: SCIOMI and SIRIM Berhad.
Graduates of this programme may go on to pursue their professional papers full-time or even part-time while working in fields such as:
- Actuarial Consultants
- Data Modelers
- Enterprise Risk Managers
- Investments Bankers
- Marketing Analysts
- Credit Risk Analysts
- Pension Managers
- Actuarial Analysts
- Actuarial Assistants
- Actuarial Controllers
About the School
Manipal International University (MIU), a member of the Manipal Global Education Group, is a full-fledged Malaysian university offering multidisciplinary programs with a focus in the fields of Science ... Read More