MAHSA University’s Bachelor of Accounting is a 3-year, highly specialised undergraduate degree programme that qualifies its graduates as accountants upon registration with the Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
Graduates have a choice of going into direct practice either in the public or private sector, or go on to pursue professional accountant certifications such as the CPA (Certified Public Accountant), the ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), and CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants), while meeting work requirements doing training at accounting firms. Accountants are some of the most highly esteemed professionals whose elite place in society has never been challenged.
Because our curriculum is designed with a team from employers, industry experts, and academia, students will learn theories combined with hands-on applications and practical skills. These skills of researching and critical thinking, reading and analysing financial statements, creating reports and presentations and interacting with stakeholders, will enable students to be employed right away.
During the duration of the programme, students will explore various depths and breadths of cost accounting, financial accounting, managerial accounting, corporate accounting, accounting information systems, auditing and assurance, international financial reporting standards (IFRS), generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), stakeholder values and ethics, issues in financial reporting, information technology for accountants, quantitative methods, corporate finance, organisational behaviour, business economics, business law, company and association law, taxation law and practices, financial statements and investment analysis, cost management, innovation and entrepreneurship, and advanced business communication.
When students graduate, they will be full-fledged accounting graduates, ready and able to correctly and effectively prepare profit and loss statements for business entities; establish accounting practices and procedures for start-up companies and provide sound advice on the management of these; analyse budgets and other financial information and offer advice on how costs can be reduced and savings maximised; produce budgets for businesses and implement strategies for minimising costs; maintain accurate and timely records of company accounts; improve business efficiency in finances; compute statements of taxes owed, prepare tax returns and ensure that they are filed correctly and that payment is made on time; and ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
Because an accountant’s work is no easy task, MAHSA’s Bachelor of Accounting with Honours, will ensure that its graduates are fully equipped with all necessary knowledge that is expected of a professional accountant.
- Malaysian Studies/Tamadun Islam MPU 3123/MPU 3173
- Financial Accounting I BAA 1163
- Professional Development I BAU 1143
- Business Mathematics BAQ 1153
- Microeconomics BAE 2433
- Principles Of Management BAM 1313
- Hubungan Etnik/ Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi MPU3113 / MPU3213
- Macroeconomics BAE 2513
- Professional Development II BAU 1223
- Principles Of Marketing BAM 2423
- Business Statistics BAQ 1243
- Financial Accounting II BAA 1253
- Introduction To Finance BAF 1323
- Entrepreneurship BAU 1233
- Cost Accounting BAA 2413
- Business Ethics, Governance And Accountability BAU 2623
- Business Law BAL 2453
- Behavioural Science MPU 3252
- Financial Reporting I BAA 2443
- Taxation I BAA 2613
- Comparative Religion MPU 3312
- Financial Management BAF 2253
- Management Information System BAM 2463
- Management Accounting BAA 2533
- Financial Reporting II BAA 2543
- Company Law BAL 2523
- Taxation II BAA 3763
- Community Work MPU 3412
- Public Sector Accounting BAA 3773
- Corporate Finance BAF 3723
- Business Research Method MGT 3043
- Corporate Reporting BAA 3713
- Accounting Information System BAA 3733
- Accounting Theory & Practice BAA 3743
- Auditing & Assurance Service I BAA 2563
- Advanced Corporate Reporting BAA 3813
- Strategic Management BAM 3823
- Auditing & Assurance Service II BAA 3833
- Strategic Management Accounting BAA 3843
- Dissertation DSN 3756
- Industrial Training BAA 3916
- Pass STPM or equivalent with minimum Grade C+ (GPA 2.33) in any 2 subjects and Credit in Mathematic in SPM or equivalent (if the equivalent grade not attained at STPM level)
- Pass Matriculation / Foundation or equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.50 and Credit in Mathematic in SPM or equivalent (if the equivalent or higher not attained at Matriculation / Foundation level)
- Diploma in Accounting or equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.50
- Pass STAM with minimum Grade Jayyid and Credit in Mathematic in SPM or equivalent (if the equivalent grade not attained at STAM level)
- Other equivalent qualification
- Malaysian University English Test (MUET): Band 2
- Financial Controller
- Financial Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Investment Banker
- Chief Financial Officer
Awarded by MAHSA University
The Bachelor in Accounting (Hons) is awarded by MAHSA University, a highly reputable university in Malaysia
The Bachelor in Accounting(Hons) was designed with industry experts and university advisors to provide quality education in the core areas of accounting and be highly employable both locally and overseas. The Bachelor in Accounting is give exemptions from the below listed professional bodies:
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, CIMA UK – 11 out of 17 papers exemptions
- Certified Practising Accountants, CPA Australia – 1 out of 6 paper exemption
- Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia, CTIM – 5 out of 8 papers exemptions
Students studying in Bachelor in Accounting (Hons) are given opportunities to interact and engage with lecturers and students from the faculties of Medical and Health Sciences, giving these students networking opportunities and insight into the healthcare industries, which is among the top driver for the global economy.
Tuition fees for the Bachelor in Accounting (Hons) are kept at an affordable level, to ensure there are little barriers to a good quality education.
Flexible Enrolment Dates
The Bachelor in Accounting (Hons) takes students on a rolling semester basis, allowing for greater flexibility.
Internship with Industry Partners
Students of the Bachelor in Accounting (Hons) gain work experience as part of their programme. This invaluable experience give our students an edge in employment and help them make good contacts within the industry
With lecturers and students from 56 different nationalities, the Bachelor in Accounting (Hons) student gain a rich appreciation of different cultures and values.
Accredited by Professional Bodies
This programme is recognized and accredited by the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants UK, Certified Practicing Accountants Australia, Institute of Commercial and Industrial Accountants Malaysia, Chartered Tax Institute Malaysia. Accreditation from Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, Institute of Public Accountant and Institute of Financial Accountant are to be received by the year end of 2016.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 24, 2018