Accountants are global citizens who hold many of the most dynamic and influential positions in the world. That's because every organization, in every industry - from agriculture to mining, from global finance to not-for-profit - relies on innovative people who can solve complex business problems.
CSU's Bachelor of Accounting will provide you with the analytical, communication and leadership skills you need to become a sought-after business professional. Whatever industry you'd like to work in and wherever you'd like to live, our Bachelor of Accounting can take you there.
Our flexible and professionally accredited program is offered full-time and part-time on campus, or you can study online from anywhere in the world. Night classes are available at our Albury-Wodonga Campus.
Depending on your study background, CSU offers a range of pathways and credit for prior learning, including TAFE / VET qualifications.
Why study this course?
- Our Bachelor of Accounting is a flexible online or on-campus qualification with guaranteed entry pathways from Diploma in Accounting (VET) qualifications
- Gain a nationally recognized qualification in a highly regarded profession
- CSU’s emphasis on structured work placements and work-integrated assessment tasks gives you the competitive edge over other universities’ graduates. You can use work placement to gain experience in a business where you’d like to work or take on a different role with your current employer to develop new skills
Want to see the world? An accounting qualification can take you almost anywhere, from large multi-national firms in overseas cities to smaller employers in regional Australia.
You won't just learn to account as you study — you will live it: our student accountants undertake a structured work placement of 100 hours in their time at CSU. All our subjects feature work-integrated learning and assessment and, as a result, our job-ready accounting graduates have exceptionally high employment rates.
You can add another string to your bow: CSU's flexible program of study gives you room to specialize in a second discipline. Why not enhance your accounting qualification by also studying economics, finance, human resource management, marketing or even psychology?
You can come to us or we can come to you: as well as having campuses across regional New South Wales, CSU is one of Australia’s largest and most experienced online higher education providers. Our on campus and online classes offer personal engagement and support from dedicated professional educators. CSU also gives you the opportunity to graduate sooner by offering select subjects in Session 3.
You gain a passport to seek globally recognized professional qualifications: our accounting degree is accredited by CPA Australia and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand. Graduating with us demonstrates your capacity to become a Chartered Accountant or Certified Practising Accountant and join worldwide networks of accountants.
Students who have completed a Diploma of Accounting at any TAFE or private college in Australia may receive guaranteed entry to the Bachelor of Accounting and may be eligible for subject credits. You should check with faculty staff to determine your exact credit entitlements prior to enrolment.
Career opportunities for accounting graduates are extraordinarily diverse and extend far beyond private practice. Accountants are leaders and problem solvers in numerous industries across the globe. You could work in:
- public practice: auditing, business advisory services, taxation, management consulting, insolvency and corporate recovery, information technology or external reporting
- commerce and industry: management accounting, budget planning and control, taxation planning, information systems design, electronic data processing, financial accounting and financial management, internal auditing, policy formulation, strategic planning, team research, product planning and marketing
- the semi-government and non-profit organizations: financial accountability, budgeting and performance measurement, accounting control systems, policy formulation, price surveillance, cost-benefit analysis, cost-effectiveness analysis.
Accounting qualifications are also highly sought after in the community. Beyond your usual day job, you could contribute your expertise to a local community organization in a Board or Committee position, or another worthy cause close to your heart.
Credit and pathways
Applicants who have successfully completed a relevant Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma at TAFE may be eligible for the credit of up to four subjects (Certificate IV), up to eight subjects (Diploma) or up to 12 subjects (Advanced Diploma) into this course. Credit for prior learning or study at other higher education institutions will be assessed as part of the application process and will be granted to eligible applicants.
Standard CSU, UAC, and VTAC admission requirements for undergraduate courses apply. International applicants must meet the CSU admission requirements in terms of English language requirements.
Program taught in: