The Bachelor of Accounting at M.I.U. provides a comprehensive foundation for students to get a strong start for a career in accounting and finance. The program is designed to teach students the foundations of Corporate Accounting and Accounting Systems.
Students will also be exposed to business strategy, communication, public service accounting, auditing, and taxation.
Besides fundamental training in science, mathematics, and humanities, students will be exposed to the various student development activities designed to improve their critical thinking and advance their personal development.
M.I.U. is a partner with CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountant). The partnership benchmarks M.I.U. as a respected institution in Malaysia that offers recognized accounting and business programmes.
- A pass (STPM) Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia, minimum Grade C (CGPA 2.33) in any two subjects; or
- A-Levels: A minimum of 2 Passes in 2 subjects; or
- Pass South Australian Matriculation (SAM) with a Tertiary Entrance Rank (TER) 70 and Grade B in relevant subjects; or
- Pass Canadian Pre-University (CPU) with an average of 70% in 6 relevant subjects; or
- Unified Examination Certificate (UEC): Grade B in 5 subjects; or
- Pass Matriculation/ Foundation qualification or in related fields, with minimum of CGPA 2.50, or
- Pass in International Baccalaureate (IB) with at least 24 points; or
- Pass Diploma in Accounting or related fields, with minimum of CGPA 2.50, or
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by the Malaysian Government; and
- A credit in Mathematics in SPM, ‘O’ Level or equivalent
- The program is approved by MQA.
- Designed to meet International Curriculum to be in sync with the global benchmarks and industry requirements.
- Multiple partnerships with organisations to boost capabilities of the students and make them job ready.
- 100% Internship Opportunity and Industrial Training availability with the following partner organisations: SCIOMI and SIRIM Berhad.
Graduates of this programme will be on their way to work as:
- Inbound Claims Service Representatives
- Accounts Payable Specialists
- Cashiering Managers
- Staff Accountants
- Accounting Clerks
- Certified Public Accountants
- Financial Planners
- Forensic Accountants
- Chartered Accountants
Program taught in: