No admission restrictions
- The course starts at the winter semester.
- Deadline: 15th September
- Prospective students with foreign educational qualifications please apply via uni-assist eV until July 31st
Students of the human-technology-interaction study program learn to develop and implement technical solutions to social and sociocultural problems.
The focus is on technology development, which is geared to the everyday needs of different living environments and involves experts from relevant disciplines, affected people and users of the products in a participatory manner.
The course covers all relevant aspects and steps of the development process:
- Recognize needs of technically-oriented support
- Find appropriate technical solutions in interaction with the affected people and describe the requirements for products
- Accompany interdisciplinary product development together with developers and future users
- Target group-oriented market introduction of the products through the creation of acceptance for suitable technical solutions
- Review, assess and, if necessary, adjust the results together with users
The goal of the study is to prepare the students for these diverse requirements in a special way by combining the theoretical foundations of psychology, technology and social sciences as well as interdisciplinary practice projects.
The study contents are composed of the fields of psychology, electrical engineering and social sciences. Each semester includes courses from the following areas.
Social science, psychological and methodological basics
- Psychological basics
- Empirical Social Research
- Work, Organizational
- Needs assessment and determination
- acceptance analysis
health and sickness
- Human biological (anatomical) fundamentals and neuropsychology
- Health promotion and prevention in life worlds
- Participatory technology development
- Instruments and methods of health-promoting work design
- Elective Courses
Man and technology in society
- Foundations of Sociology
- Gerontology machinations
- Man as a social being
- Data analysis and security
- Fundamentals law and ethics
- Media and society
science and technology
- Natural Sciences
- Electrical engineering
- Basics of construction
- Hard- and software design
Construction and production
- Basics of Business Administration
- material sciences
- automation technology
- Design of human-machine interfaces
- Communication systems and data networks
- Project Management, Creative Techniques / Design Thinking
- Scientific work
- Project work: Application examples from the needs analysis to the result evaluation
Starting in the third semester, one project work will be carried out in the field of practice together with students from other disciplines and practice partners. In the processing of the practical tasks, the application of theoretical foundations are consolidated and the interdisciplinary cooperation is trained.
In the last semester, students complete a 12-week internship and complete their bachelor thesis.
The admission requirement is proof of university entrance qualification in the form of a general or subject-related higher education entrance qualification (Abitur), a Fachhochschulreife or comparable degrees.
The degree program is admission-free. Those who fulfill the admission requirements and apply in time and form will be admitted to study.
Prospective students with foreign educational qualifications
Further information about the application modalities for prospective students with foreign qualifications can be found on our homepage under "Prerequisites".
Due to increasing digitization, technology is now permeating all areas of human life. The diversity of their applications calls for constantly dealing with new technology and to examine its benefits and influence on various areas of life. This applies to companies, offices and authorities, as well as medical facilities and health care facilities, counseling and rescue services as well as environmental and human rights organizations.
The main area of work for graduates of the Human-Computer Interaction Study Program is the participatory development of services and technical products to support people. Among other things, they can act as product managers and product managers for the introduction of new technologies in companies of various industries or in public institutions. There is a great need for example in medical technology or in organizations that have to deal with new technologies due to digitization.
After completing their first academic degree, graduates have several options: they can either start their careers, continue their studies or start a Master's degree after a period of work - extra-occupational or direct-to-work. A good completion of the Bachelor's degree is a prerequisite for admission to a Master's degree program. A master's degree basically entitles to a doctorate.
On our social media channels even more impressions to study at the University of Mageburg-Stendal:
Facebook | Instagram | YouTube