Increased participation in eSports fuels the need for formal training in the field. eSports perfectly mixes the core aspects of professional sports, and media along with the advertising industry. The BA in eSports Management program at Medaille College combines the new technological innovations taking place in the gaming and entertainment industry, with large-scale competitive events that highlight this growth. Through our program, students will gain knowledge of the world of video games, from start to finish, from introductory courses in programming to the business and management of the professional multiplayer competition. In 2016, 400 Million - people viewed the League of Legends World Championship matches, making it the fastest-growing sport in the industry. Thus, students will immerse themselves in the culture of eSports with two internships, gaining applicable skills and an understanding of the fast-paced industry of eSports.
eSports Management hits at the heart of the college value of curiosity. Medaille is committed to inspiring intellectual curiosity and wonder as a foundation for academic, professional and civic achievement. Medaille is dedicated to preserving and supporting an educational environment of creativity, passion, and innovation. Students attracted to the sport-related curriculum will now have another choice in the area of focus under the vast umbrella of the sports industry. Business and technological skills learned will enhance a graduate’s skill set and support vocational opportunities.
|Degree earned||Total number of credits|
What can you do with this degree
Alumni of Medaille’s esport management program can go into careers such as:
- Esports Analyst
- Esports Coach
- Esports Team Management
- Tournament Administration
- Content Creator/Reporter
- Marketing/PR Executive
- Social Media Manager
After earning a bachelor’s degree in esports management, graduates will be able to:
Identify and define the functional components, interrelationships, and applications of esports, including gaming competitively, online play, virtual reality, internet connectivity, online streaming and culture building. Demonstrate an ability to employ information and analysis specific to esports in regards to opportunities and challenges presented in a global environment. Identify and apply modern information systems to support esports business operations for improved management and organizational performance.
In 2016, 400 million people viewed the League of Legends World Championship, making esports the fastest growing sector in the industry of professional sports. Medaille’s esports management program is perfect for technology-forward, business-minded individuals with a penchant for professional gaming culture. Focusing on administration, media and advertising, you will be immersed in the world of video games, from a peek into game design and introductory courses in programming to the management of the professional multiplayer competition.
Major core components (54 credits)
- MGT 175 Management Concepts and Communications (3)
- SPM 220 Sports Leadership and Management (3)
- DAT 100 Fundamentals of Computing (3)
- ESM 100 Esports Management and Industry Trends (3)
- SPM 335 Sport Event Management (3)
- MGT 330 Entrepreneurship (3)
- ECO 380 Economics of Sport (3)
- SPM 340 History and Philosophy of Sport (3)
- MIS 240 Management Information Systems (3)
- ESM 200 Competitive Gaming: Culture, Performance and Team Development (3)
- SPM 325 Legal and Ethical Issues in Sports and Recreation Management (3)
- SOC 301 Sports in Society (3)
- SPM 201 Dynamics of Youth Sport (3)
- ESM 377 Field Experience 1 (3)
- SPM 400 Sports Facility Management (3)
- PSY 385 Sports Psychology (3)
- ESM 300 Introduction to Game Design (3)
- ESM 477 Field Experience II (3)
You have an exciting journey ahead and we’ll be there every step of the way
Medaille College is the place for students who want to change their world and improve the lives of their communities through their careers as leaders, advocates, and professionals. Each one of Medaille’s undergraduate programs prepares you for the workplace through hands-on learning experiences in and out of the classroom.
Medaille College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Personalized support.
- Student-centered environment.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available.
- A vibrant campus located in the heart of the City of Buffalo Relevant real-world experiences.
- More than two-dozen clubs and activities.
- Successful NCAA Division III athletic teams.
About the School
Medaille College is a private, nonsectarian four-year college with campuses in Buffalo, Rochester and online. Medaille focuses on your success as a student and as a future professional by offering und ... Read More