Study Program World Politics and Economy incorporates two main disciplines: political science and economy. Graduates of the program achieve a diploma in Social sciences with a Major in Political Science and a Minor in Economics.
Students will be able to compare various countries, their political and economic processes, to initiate, develop and implement a variety of political, social, economic, informational development projects. Graduates will have the knowledge, abilities and skills to develop and implement international projects, actively participate in the EU Neighborhood region (the Eastern Partnership and the Black Sea Synergy, the Mediterranean Partnership) NGO forums dealing with political and economic issues in Eastern Europe and the rest of the world, to project potential actions and scenarios for the future and at the same time represent Lithuania and other countries.
Graduates will be able to:
- To explain the political and economic processes in various countries, regions and globally;
- To assess the links between political actors and economic structures in the political systems of various countries;
- To conduct a comparative analysis of political and economic processes, conduct phenomena analysis and predict the future trend of these processes;
- To do research on political and economic entities‘ singularities and the relationship between them;
- To identify and assess the main political and economic trends in the world;
- To select and identify the optimal direction of economic and political practice;
- To assess newly acquired skills, constantly collect information and critically assess it, and be guided by continual learning provisions.
Graduates of the World Politics and Economy Studies program will be able to pursue their studies in more specialized Master’s programs in political science, economics and other social sciences and humanities at VMU and other Lithuanian or foreign universities. Graduates will be capable to engage in practical activities: work as political advisors, reviewers, managers and economists in Lithuanian and foreign public institutions, national embassies, consular offices, non-governmental organizations, the European Union and other international organizations, institutions, and offices. Graduates will also be ready to work in: private sector, media or initiate their own companies. Specialists will be able to compare various countries, their political and economic processes, to initiate, develop and implement a variety of political, social, economic, informational development projects. Graduates will have the knowledge, abilities and skills to develop and implement international projects, actively participate in the EU Neighborhood region (the Eastern Partnership and the Black Sea Synergy, the Mediterranean Partnership) NGO forums dealing with political and economic issues in Eastern Europe and the rest of the world, to project potential actions and scenarios for the future and at the same time represent Lithuania and other countries.
- A high school diploma or equivalent degree (Original High School degree diploma and translation into English, and: -Approved by “Apostille” - for citizens of countries acceding to the 1961 Hague Convention;
- Proof of English Language: applicants have to present a document proving B2 level (TOEFL 87 iBT/534, IELTS 5.5 or any other document proving B2 level) if the applicants had not received education in English. After admission, all students will be tested for English language level at the Institute of Foreign Languages at Vytautas Magnus University. If the English level will be below B2 students will have to study English to reach the B2 level by paying extra money for credits.
- Admission score is counted based on: Motivation letter*0,3 + History*0,3 + English*0,2 + Mathematics*0,1 + Geography*0,1
Bachelor and Master Degree students have the possibility to take part in various exchange programs (Bilateral exchange, Erasmus+) for studies and internships and get monthly scholarships of 300 – 700 Euro.
Vytautas Magnus University provides international degree students with a great possibility to choose Minor studies.
- Step 1 – Choose a study program at VMU
- Step 2 – Pay the application fee
- Step 3 – Apply online
- Step 4 – Assess your education documents
- Step 5 – Get ready for an interview with the coordinator of the VMU International Cooperation Department
- Step 6 – Get confirmation of admission
- Step 7 – Sign the Study Contract
- Step 8 – Book accommodation in VMU dormitory
- Step 9 – Pay the tuition fee
- Step 10 – Check information for visa
- Step 11 – Get original documents
- Step 12 – Register for an appointment at Lithuanian Embassy
- Step 13 – Arrange your arrival; get mentor support
- Step 14 – After arrival: register at VMU International Cooperation Department
About the School
Ranked in QS World University Rankings 2018 as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and one of the few in the region where ... Read More