Objectives & Presentation
The Bachelor in Wood and Digital Transition of Production trains three-year pilot production managers in the wood processing industries capable of managing complex processes and tools.
These professionals are particularly suited to support companies in the digital transition of production, particularly on the model of industry 4.0
The bachelor is a bac + 3 establishment diploma supported by professional organizations.
The training takes place under student status. It is possible to follow the 2nd and 3rd year alternating with a company.
On the basis of solid technological knowledge, the holder of this diploma is able to:
- Participate in the design of works incorporating wood: furniture, carpentry, framework, layout.
- Design and develop the programming of machines in the supervised workshop.
- Develop production monitoring dashboards.
- Optimize production management.
- Intervene in first level maintenance.
- Supervise a team of production operators.
Science and engineering
- Physics, chemistry and mechanics
Technology and production
- Woodworking technology
- Production technology
- Digital production and industrial maintenance
- Production management
Wood and forest sciences
- Wood anatomy
- Eco conception
- Design and innovation
- Group life
Humanities and Social Sciences
- E-learning, office automation
Period in company
Company and Projects
Period in company
The bachelor takes place under student status in the 1st year. It is then possible to continue alternating with a company over the following two years (apprenticeship or professionalization contract).
The periods in companies represent:
- 1st year: 8 weeks in the form of an internship in a company or an international exchange
- 2nd and 3rd year: 26 weeks (work-study program)
Each semester gives rise to the realization of a project and thus allows students to acquire autonomy, project management methodology and team management:
- 1st year: product design and social engagement project.
- 2nd year: industrial improvement and creation of a digital application.
- 3rd year: establishment and industrial organization and end of studies project.
These project times put students in a learning by doing situation. In contact with field issues, they experiment and confront theory with practice.
Pre-requisites to apply
- Bac S
- Bac STI2D
Applicants register on the Parcoursup platform and follow the procedure.
The annual tuition fees amount to € 4,500.
In the case where the 2nd and the 3rd are done alternately, there are no tuition fees. Apprentices receive a salary, the amount of which is determined by the type of contract (work-study or professionalization contract) and age.
Trades and opportunities
The holder of this diploma works in a wood or wood-based composite materials processing company:
- Layout, furnishings
- Industrial carpentry (doors, windows)
- Timber construction companies
- Production manager in the wood industry
- Workshop chief
- Production supervisor
About the School
ESB was founded in 1934 at the initiative of the French Ministries of Agriculture, National Education and Industry and is one of the French leading higher education institutions specialized in wood sc ... Read More