The outcomes of the study program
Upon the completion of the study program, graduates will be able to:
- Analyze the phenomena occurring in the living environment,
- Evaluate interactions between water surrounding environment and water quality,
- Select the appropriate modern methods and technologies that allow to achieve sustainable development of water resources and solve environmental problems,
- Practically realize technological solutions in various fields of water resources management,
- Apply knowledge about the behavior of living organisms in a water environment, wastewater treatment, sustainability concepts of economic development, international and national water laws.
High school diploma and its supplement (Transcript of Records or Mark Sheet)
- Excellent academic achievements (CGPA > 50%)
- Compulsory entry subjects: Mathematics and English
- Motivation letter (included in the Application Form)
- Proof in English proficiency (CEFR - B2 or equivalent/ TOEFL 87 iBT / 534 PBT, IELTS 5.5)
- Maximum of 5 years gap after the last graduation
Where can you do an internship?
Professional internships carried out in companies with the most recent production facilities and technologies in Lithuania and abroad. Students will acquire practical skills working with the water and environmental engineering design institutions, environment protection agencies, civil engineering companies as well as administrative institutions.
Students have the possibility to take part in various exchange programs (Bilateral exchange, Erasmus+) for studies and traineeships abroad and get a monthly scholarship that ranges from 300 to 700 Eur.
The career opportunities
Graduates have an opportunity to work as specialists in the country’s and European Union private and public companies, water engineering design institutions, in companies dealing with environmental monitoring and pollution control and consulting firms.
About the School
Ranked in QS World University Rankings 2018 as a leader in the country by its internationality, VMU is the only public higher education institution in Lithuania and one of the few in the region where ... Read More