Bachelor in Visual Presentation and Exhibition Design
A traffic-stopping store window. A Central Park kiosk telling the life story of butterflies. A 7,000-square-foot museum exhibition about sustainable design. Visual presentation and exhibition designers take on a wide array of projects for stores, museums, showrooms, theme parks, and special events. They are storytellers in three dimensions, creating environments that inspire, inform, and persuade.
This program provides an in-depth, interdisciplinary education that prepares you to create exhibits and presentations from conceptualization through fabrication. In courses taught by professional designers with extensive experience, you’ll learn to use a variety of materials and techniques, including props, electronic media, and lighting.
You’ll develop skills in graphic and spatial design, drafting for plans and elevations, and the technologies used in the industry. Hands-on fabrication experience is offered through the building of displays, models, and on-campus exhibits, including a major final presentation in The Museum at FIT.
You’ll gain the skills and knowledge you need to design environments for a broad range of clients, and graduate with a portfolio of work to show prospective employers.
- The Visual Presentation and Exhibition Design degree program—the first and only one of its kind in the country—is now in its fourth decade.
- Students collaborate on actual projects with industry partners such as Sony, Macy’s, Target, and Vespa.
- Students have created proposals for exhibitions at the Children’s Museum of Manhattan, Wildlife Conservation Society, New-York Historical Society, and many other nonprofit and corporate organizations.
- Classrooms are professional workshops fully equipped with the tools of the trade.
In this program, you’ll:
- display your work to industry professionals and the public in major campus exhibitions.
- network with industry professionals at guest lectures, seminars, and off-campus events.
- find inspiration steps from campus in New York City’s stores, museums, and galleries.
About the School
a rigorous liberal arts foundation coupled with a real-worldcurriculum and hands-on instruction a worldwide network of alumni a strong relationship with industry leaders a world-class faculty of worki ... Read More