As a graduate of our professional educational paths in the department of Visual FX & 3D Animation you are expected a career in compositing, 3D Animation, rendering or concept art.
Combining the technical with the artistic you will graduate with a strong portfolio and the confidence to forge your own path to your dream job in the games industry.
The study programme consists of two courses, the SAE Visual FX & 3D Animation Diploma and the Bachelor level course that provides you with additional skill sets and understanding of the creative industries, project management, intellectual property and specialised game development technique, leading to an internationally recognised BA/BSc (Hons) Visual FX & 3D Animation* degree, validated by Middlesex University, London.
There are different study modes available:
- Full time: The course is delivered full time where the standard duration is 96 weeks (24 months). This compact, fast-track study allows you to graduate quicker, and start your career earlier.
- Part-time: In case of part time studies, there are 2 options available. Option one comprises a standard period of 120 weeks (30 months). Option 2 covers 168 weeks (42 months).
- University entrance qualifaction (Abitur or similar)
- Alternatively: minimum age of 18 years plus intermediate educational qualification and aptitude test
- Own notebook computer for office work, theory tests and own notes from lectures
- Language skills: students whose first language is not English will need a qualification that demonstrates competence in English; at least Level B2
- 3D/2D Animator
- CG Generalist
- Look Dev Artist
- Rendering Artist
- Lighting TD
- Roto/Paint Artist
- VFX Coordinator
- Match Mover
*Following successful completion of the SAE Diploma, students may be eligible to enrol in a programme validated by Middlesex University and study towards an Honours degree. Applicants who meet certain entry requirements may apply on the full time mode of study. ± Not applicable for Non-EU residents SAE Institute reserves the right to make revisions and changes to the information presented, in line with continuous improvement actions and stakeholder feedback.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 3, 2018