Our alumni are able to design and lead new generation communication media.
The Visual Communication Design Department aims to raise individuals who will work as expert communication designers in Internet media, television, art, and design-related fields.
Alumni Profile: Graduates are able to produce works in creative areas such as photography, video, web design, interface, and interactive design, service design, game design, and motion graphics.
Why Khas Visual Communication Design: Our department provides students with the ability to solve problems by immersing students in a wide array of the theories and practices of art and design.
To widen their expertise, our students may receive double major or minor degrees from other departments. Our leading advisory commission compiled from the pioneers of the sector contributes significantly to the content and structure of our ever-developing program of visual communication design education. We also closely monitor and respond to the growing and changing demands of the sector with workshops led by designers, artists, and directors.
Study Abroad Opportunities: Our department has a double degree agreement with Coventry University (CU) in the UK. Our students are able to graduate with a double-degree after completing their senior year in a related department of CU.
Career Opportunities: In their four years of education, our students acquire a rich portfolio of work produced using various media tools, techniques and theories providing our graduates with job opportunities in the fields of:
- Design (motion graphics, mobile application interface, game design, service design, web design, animation);
- Creative direction (advertisement, art, and photography);
- Production and post-production (cinema and television);
- Higher education (master and Ph.D. degrees in art, design, and communication).
Qualification Awarded/Level of Qualification
Associate and Bachelor (Level 6)
Applicants should obtain the required scores from Transition to Higher Education Examination (YGS), First Cycle Placement Test (LYS/TS 1), and Direct Transfer Test (DGS). Placements are centrally organized by Student Selection and Placement Center (ÖSYM). International students applying for the program must follow the admissions criteria determined by Kadir Has University. Students can transfer into the program by following Kadir Has University regulations on the basis concerning the horizontal transfer. (Further information: http://www.khas.edu.tr)
Recognition of Prior Learning
Students might be exempt for certain courses taken in other institutions upon approval of the dean in the relevant faculty or institute.
Students are required to successfully complete all courses in the curriculum accepted by the Senate (240 ECTS Credits) and have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.00/4.00.
Definition of the Program
Department of Advertising targets educating future advertising experts who will contribute to media and communications by working according to the profession's ethical principles and who would collate theory and practice in creative ways and enrich their talents with in-depth knowledge of methodology.
- To be able to demonstrate critical thinking and competent analyzing skills with the high-level knowledge of the fields of communication, humanities, and social sciences.
- To be able to demonstrate creative, unique and independent thinking in a way to participate actively in democratic communication and take an active role in the production.
- To be able to associate different areas of communication, develop strategies for multimedia and integrated communication.
- To have a command of the technologies and strategies of developing communication in the fields of publishing, management, and entrepreneurship with new media; will be able to operate and transform this process.
- To adopt the essential responsibilities and ethic liabilities of their profession with their gained skills and knowledge.
- To be able to participate in a professional working environment with the active, productive and responsible vision.
- To have knowledge, skills, and sufficiency to allow them to be able to find job opportunities in the country and outside the country in the different areas of the communication industry.
- To be able to communicate actively in English and other languages which they learned in order to improve their professional skills and find international job opportunities.
- To have the ability to bring research and design techniques together through different methods.
- To have expertise in multimedia theories and technologies, design, application of design and by using this knowledge they will be able to analyze multimedia products conceptually.
- To be able to apply the methods which are used to analyze contemporary art and visual culture.
Occupational Profiles of Graduates
Graduates are employed in advertising agencies, marketing departments of corporations/NGOs/government institutions, media planning companies, and in other media-related organizations.
Access to Further Studies
Graduates can apply for graduate studies (7th and 8th cycle) in related programs.
Course and Instructor Evaluation Questionnaire Graduation Questionnaire Satisfaction Questionnaire
Erasmus student exchange program.
About the School
Kadir Has University (KHU) was founded in 1997, in Istanbul. The university, with its five faculties of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Economics and Administrative Sciences, Communication, Law and ... Read More