Transportation Engineering is the application of technology and scientific principles to the planning, functional design, operation and management of facilities to provide for the safe, efficient, and environmentally compatible movement of people and goods.
Students studying Transportation Engineering will develop knowledge and skills in the planning, design, construction and implementation of building and infrastructure facilities specialized in roadways and bridges.
Opportunities for students graduating with Transportation Engineering Degree are expected to increase in the next decades.
The job varies depending on the nature of the transport system and the size and type of employer. Graduates may generally involve in analyzing data, identifying problems and solving them with innovative solutions. They may also develop new roads and design traffic patterns. Besides that, supervision of transportation construction is usually included in transportation engineer tasks.
Some of the popular jobs in transportation engineering are listed, but not restricted to, as the following:
- Construction Engineer: working onsite to manage the construction and to ensure that a particular project is on schedule, is built according to the design and is safe for the workers involved.
- Transportation Planner: planning to build transportation roadways and facilities together with balancing the needs and concerns of the public with the demands of the project.
- Transportation Designer: Designing transportation projects considering the cost and the impact to the surrounding environment.
- Graduates can become consultants for transportation constructions or lecturers in colleges and universities as well.
OPPORTUNITY TO TRANSFER TO OUR PARTNER UNIVERSITIES
Students have 2 options:
Students study at B.K.U. for 4 years and get the Bachelor of Transportation Engineering awarded by B.K.U.
After completing 02 years at B.K.U., students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to our partner universities the later 02 years to complete their study for Bachelor degree. The official bachelor degree is awarded by the partner universities.
B.K.U. is currently working to associate the program with our partner universities in USA and Australia. The information will be updated here soon.
- Study language: English
- Degree: Bachelor of Transportation Engineering awarded by B.K.U.
- Training duration: 04 years at B.K.U.
- Campus: B.K.U. campus (For more information about B.K.U. campus, please visit our campus)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 24, 2018