Bachelor in Tourism
The bachelor study course at the HTW Chur places value in a comprehensive training in tourism with focus on international tourism and leisure-time management. Four full-time classes are taught each year, whereby three cases are taught in both German and English and one class only in English.
The study concept is oriented towards practically useful career qualifications. The overall objective is development of leadership competency. In order to gain this, competency is required in management, expert knowledge and methodology. This competency is provided in a modular system from a didactic and content point of view during the three year study course.
Tourism is an international growth industry with a continually increasing demand for professionalism. Students graduating from the tourism study course have a sturdy basis to face these challenges and are characterised by a high degree of customer-orientation and service commitment. They find positions in expert and leadership functions in local and international travel, leisure, transport, event and sport corporations where they develop and market new products, organise cultural and sporting events or manage whole tourism destinations.
The study course "Bachelor of Science FHO in Tourism" is recognised by the Swiss Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs, Education and Research (Eidg. Volkswirtschaftsdepartement).
Admittance to the study courseis possible for:
- A diploma of secondary education fulfilling university admission requirements in the country where secondary education was completed; e.g. Swiss (Berufs-) Matura, German Abitur, British A-levels (3), US High School Diploma or equivalent
- Documented academic knowledge of accounting, either visible in a student’s academic transcript or with a subsequent certificate
- English certificate level C1
- 12 months of documented work experience in a commercial or tourism business
Students from Switzerland or Liechtenstein:
- Tuition per semester CHF 960.-
- Application fee CHF 300.-*
Students from EU and EFTA countries:
- Tution per semester CHF 1 550.-
- Application fee CHF 300.-*
Canton Grisons sanctions employment up to a maximum of 15 hours per week when in possession of a specific permit.
Students from non-EU and non-EFTA countries:
- Tuition per semester CHF 1 550.-
- Application fee CHF 3 000.-
Canton Grisons prohibits all forms of employment.
The application fee is charged on confirmation of a study place and is non-refundable.
The study fees do not include textbooks, study materials, and fees associated with thesis writing, block weeks, and excursions, e.g. travel and accommodation. Students must possess an efficient laptop computer.
*Upon commencement of studies, the application fee will be deduced from the first semester tuition fee.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 17, 2018