The Bachelor Degree in Tourism adopts a modern approach, in keeping with the tourism industry. The course comprises core modules with optional modules to suit individual students’ requirements. Internship modules I and II give students valuable work experience with partners ranging from private companies to national, regional and local administration. The Promotion and Enhancement of Tourist Destinations and Innovation and Development of Tourist Products modules strengthen these links, developing students’ ability to innovate. The Development & Implementation of Tourism Projects module covers tourism planning, development analysis, and project management.
The Bachelor degree preliminarily accredited by A3ES - Agency for Evaluation and Accreditation of Higher Education (Portugal)
Why choose this course?
The growing importance of tourism requires highly-educated specialists, who are able to respond to the challenges of this innovative sector with sustainable planning and development, and the conception and implementation of entrepreneurial projects. The teaching staff has strong links to the field of heritage and culture, and experience in tourism and regional development. As a result, the course is practical and relevant, with some classes taught in tourism hot-spots.
The growing importance of tourism in the socio-economic level and employability requires technicians with top formation capable of responding to the challenges of a sector that seeks an innovative tourism a sustainable tourism planning and development and construction and operation of entrepreneurial projects.
- Creation of tourism itineraries;
- Creation and development of new products;
- Market studies;
- Tourism promotion;
- Tourism operators and travel agencies;
- Tourism service companies;
- Theme parks and transportation companies;
- Central, regional and local government agencies connected to tourism, organization, and event management companies and tourism animation companies;
- Transportation companies;
- Master of Cultural Heritage and Territorial Development
- Master of Tourism and HospitalityShort Master of Wine Culture and wine tourism
- High school or Bachelor level degree
- Minimum English Proficiency level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: B2 – Independent - Vantage or upper intermediate
- An interview (live or Skype)