The aim of Tourism and Hotel Management study program is to train a tourism and hotel manager who acquires the Professional Bachelor qualification and is able to manage the functional activities of the enterprises and divisions of the sector, analyse and evaluate the environment of tourism business and its processes; develop and sell competitive tourism and hospitality products; submit and implement solutions applying the knowledge necessary for managerial, economic and other professional activities; independently and creatively act in changing market conditions; and professionally and responsibly communicate in multicultural business environment.
- Will know and be able to apply in professional activities the theories and principles of management as well as administration of financial and other resources.
- Will be able to describe the legal acts that regulate the performance of an enterprise, and follow them while operating in the tourism and hospitality sector.
- Will know the conceptions and principles of sustainable development and responsible business, and will be able to apply them in professional activities.
- Will be able to choose appropriate research methods and conduct market research using technological innovations.
- Will be able to analyze and assess the results of investigations.
- Will be able to analyze the business environment and its processes as well as identify possible alternative solutions and opportunities for applying scientific-technological innovations.
- Will be able to plan the performance of an enterprise of the tourism and hotel sector and its divisions by estimating the need for human, financial and other resources and their sources.
- Will be able to develop and introduce a competitive tourism product.
- Will be able to organize the performance of an enterprise of the tourism and hotel sector and its divisions by defining staff functions and responsibilities as well as anticipate the systems and principles of assessing and monitoring the performance.
- Will be able to responsibly and professionally communicate and cooperate with the participants in the market and employees following the principles and regulations of official communication and business ethics and taking into account inter-cultural peculiarities.
- Will be able to independently develop professional and personal skills taking into account the constantly changing professional environment and the needs of the market and demonstrating responsibility for the impact of the performance and its results.
Proxyclick Visitor Management System / Unsplash
- Business Philosophy
- Professional Language and Document Management
- Communication Psychology
- Professional English I
- Microeconomics and Macroeconomics
- Applied Mathematics and Statistics
- Basics of Applied Research
Intercultural Tourism Environment
- Cultural Heritage
- Intercultural Communication
- Travel Geography
- Tourism Anthropology
Professional Internship I
- Accounting and Finance
Basics of Tourism and Hospitality
- Tourism Services and Infrastructure
- Tourism Resources in Lithuania
- Environment and Human Safety
- Professional English II
Law Processes Management
- Tourism Business Law
- Negotiation Management
- Change Management
- Professional English III
Professional Internship II
Tourism Management I / Hotel Management I
- Tour Operator Activities / Hotel Management I
- Tourism Marketing / Hospitality Marketing
- Organization of Excursions / Event Management
- Second Foreign Language I (Russian/German/French)
- Sustainable Tourism
- Niche Tourism
Tourism Management II / Hotel Management II
- Travel Sales / Hotel Management II
- Tourism Product Design / Hotel Income Management
- Digital Marketing
- Final Internship
- Final Thesis
About the School
Kauno kolegija/ University of Applied Sciences (hereinafter KK) is a public multidisciplinary university situated in Lithuania (one of the 3 Baltic countries) providing education in the fields of eng ... Read More