The study program aims at providing the students with a technical and humanistic background that will allow them to contribute to the Portuguese and European heritage in line with the sustainability of tourism industry and taking into account the connections between tourism and cultural heritage activities. This study program includes a wide range of areas such as Law, Accountancy, Mathematics, Information and Communication, Languages and Administration.
Career prospects for graduates from this program include working in local, central and regional government bodies, public or private organisations engaged in land management and tourist public and private cultural entertainment organisations; tourist companies and resorts; tourist operators and travel agencies; consulting and project companies; international cooperation, particularly within the context of the Community of Portuguese-Speaking Countries; vocational education and training. Graduates from this study program are prepared to perform as:
- Tourism and cultural tourism technicians;
- Product managers in tourism;
- Event managers;
- Tourism promoters;
- Tourist operators;
- Travel agency operators;
- Hotel managers;
- Middle managers in the sphere of museums and museography;
- Cultural heritage technicians;
- Among others.
Graduates in Tourism and Culture Management should:
- be familiar with the terminology and scientific principles of tourism in general and cultural tourism in particular;
- be able to articulate the several program modules within the higher education context.
- know, conceptualize and apply the methods, techniques and tools for the creation, development and assessment within the professional tourist activity;
- be able to apply theoretical knowledge and skills acquired in professional activities related with their academic background.
About the School
The Institute is an polytechnic institution of higher education in the European area of higher education, provided of skills in the areas of science, technology, arts and humanities, from the outset, ... Read More