The aim of the study programme Tourism Management and Heritage is to train specialists who would know the principles of sustainable tourism management and the particularity of cultural and natural heritage as well as having the ability to apply the acquired knowledge in practice. Also, to identify, analyse and solve problems in the fields of public administration, heritage management, tourism marketing and service management, implementation of innovations, sustainable tourism development in regions. As well as, people who would be competent to work in a competitive and international environment, manage critical situations, solve conflicts and make timely and independent solutions.
International Mobility Possibilities
The 2nd and 3rd-year students can participate in the ERASMUS+ mobility programme which gives a possibility to study at a partner university abroad for 1 or 2 semesters or do an internship in another country.
The content of the study programme and its orientation to heritage studies and development opportunities to cultural and natural tourism are universal, which leads to wide career alternatives for graduates of the programme. Future workplaces include not only regional, national, departmental, private or special purpose museums and parks but also publishing houses, institutions of heritage protection, travel agencies, tourist information centres, art galleries and centres, governmental and non-governmental organisations, embassies and other institutions, public administration entities, consultancy firms providing advice or assistance on heritage adjustment to the purposes of tourism, national and international organisations responsible for the protection of heritage. Future workplaces are tourism agencies and travel organisation companies (there are 282 of them employing more than 2 000 people). To work in any of the mentioned potential future workplaces students will be required to possess competencies in heritage and tourism management.
Secondary education (grade in history/foreign language).
English language proficiency - the level not lower than B1 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by level test is organized for those, who do not possess IELTS or TOEFL certificates.
Application Procedure and Required Documents
Follow 4 steps:
- Fill out the online application form at apply.mruni.eu
- Upload required documents
- Secure your registration by paying the application fee
- Submit your application
- Educational documents
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of secondary education diploma or high education diploma with the transcript of academic records. Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Note: Additional educational documents (such as the results of state examinations or pre-University education) might be required according to the applicant's country of residence.
- For Masters degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of university transcript and diploma (a candidate must have a University Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent first university degree with a minimum 3-year study duration). Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Document proving results of the English language proficiency.
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: at least level B1; assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B1: TOEFL Paper 477-510, TOEFL IBT 53-64, IELTS 4.5-5.0, PTE level
- For Master degree-seeking students: at least level B2, assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B2: TOEFL Paper 513-547, TOEFL IBT 65-78, IELTS 5.5-6.0.
- Note: in case you do not have IELTS or TOEFL, there is a possibility to take the online English language level test organized by the University. You should choose this option when filling the application. There is no additional fee for this test.
- Passport copy
- Passport type photo
- Notarized letter of sponsorship from parents/sponsors and the letter from a bank about their financial abilities (showing incomes from the last 3 months).
Improve your English!
Are you interested in studying in English, but you do not have a sufficient level of knowledge of the English language necessary for studying in English?
Minor English Language studies are designed for those, who are willing to enter a Bachelor study programme at Mykolas Romeris University but do not have sufficient knowledge of the English language necessary for studying in a foreign language. During the first study year students, who enter a major Bachelor study programme together with minor English language studies, will focus on language studies only. Upon completion of one year Minor English Language studies and reaching sufficient English language proficiency level international students will continue studies on their selected Bachelor study programme at MRU.
One year Minor English Language studies fee – 1800 EUR.
For more information please visit els.mruni.eu
About the School
Located just 20 minutes from the center of Vilnius, Mykolas Romeris University (MRU) is one of largest and most international universities in Lithuania, currently having around 7,000 students from 58 ... Read More