How We're Different
- Each full-time professor has a mandatum from the Bishop of the Diocese of Grand Rapids or the Archbishop of Detroit.
- Graduates readily find employment in parishes in the Dioceses of Grand Rapids, Lansing and the Arch-Diocese of Detroit.
- Many graduates go on to graduate studies in theology at schools like Notre Dame, Boston College, Marquette, Catholic University of America and Villanova.
- A six-course Certificate in Theological Studies enables students to apply for diocesan master catechist status.
- Each full-time professor teaches courses in the Catholic Studies program.
- One theology professor has twice been a Fulbright Scholar in Ukraine and another gives dozens of theological talks at local Catholic gatherings.
- In cooperation with the Diocese of Grand Rapids, the department is developing a youth ministry major and minor.
- For any semester, students may request to study biblical languages, Greek or Hebrew.
- Students have the opportunity to engage in a directed study of St. Thomas Aquinas’ Summa Theologiae.
- Every other year a theology professor offers a course on The Lord of the Rings and The Chronicles of Narnia.
Thirty-six (36) credit hours. Required courses:
- One or two courses in Sacred Scripture
- One course in Spirituality
- One Senior Capstone Course in Theology
- Twelve (12) credit hours of Theology electives
As of 2015-2016, the following courses can serve as the senior capstone: TY400, TY293, and TY345. At least twenty-one (21) credits should be earned at Aquinas College.
- TY120 Sacraments (3) TF
- TY131 Bible as Story (3) TF
- TY170 Wrestling with God (3) TF
- TY250 Christian Morality (3) TF
- TY293 Christology (3) SC
- TY345 Church and Spirit (3) SC
- TY400 Senior Seminar (Variable) (3) SC
See 40 more programs offered by Aquinas College »
Last updated June 2, 2019
This course is