Bachelor in Textiles and Fibre Arts
Textiles and Fibre Arts offers a broad range of studio experiences which prepare fiber artists, textile and fashion designers for professional practice. Students gain exposure to traditional and contemporary approaches to weaving, textile design, and fashion design, and are encouraged to develop innovative approaches to these areas.
- Minimum FIVE (5) CXC subjects with grades 1 to 3 (grade 3 after 1998) or minimum FIVE (5) G.C.E. ‘O’ Level with grades A to C.
- Be at least 17 years old at the time of admission.
- English Language at the CXC/G.C.E. Level (or equivalent) is compulsory for all applicants.
- Visual Arts at the CXC/ G.C.E. Level (or equivalent) is advantageous to applicants.
- PORTFOLIO: Applicants are required to submit a portfolio of original work for evaluation. The portfolio should consist of not less than fifteen (15) pieces of recent artwork, i.e., drawings were done from observation, including landscape, still life, self-portrait or figure drawing. Slides or photographs are accepted from overseas applicants.
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT: Applicants whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Applicants can register for the TOEFL examinations at www.ets.org/toefl.
About the School
The Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts (EMCVPA) is the premier arts college in the English-speaking Caribbean whose mission is to enrich the aesthetic sensibilities and promote the ... Read More