Bachelor in Textile and Fashion Design
The graduates develop a unique interconnection of artistic creativity and technological skills in fashion design and fabric patterning and gain both theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in production. The aim of this program is to provide students with solid foundations in the area of textile technologies and possibilities of textile and clothing production in relation to the common disciplines of art and aesthetics. The graduates find employment in the profession of a designer of textiles, clothing, textile and interior accessories, or in the profession of a jewelry and bijou designer. Because of their wide knowledge and skills they can be employed in various industry lines, trade, and marketing. Their prime employers are enterprises focused on textile and clothing productions. Other possible employment is in companies focused on computer graphics, designing centers, promoting and marketing agencies, and so on.
- FACULTY: Faculty of Textile Engineering
- LANGUAGE OF INSTRUCTION: English
- Recognized secondary education as prescribed by Act No. 49/2009, Coll. (not necessary for applicants from Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Germany, and Slovenia).
- Fluent English skills.
- Scanned portfolio of selected visual examples of your artwork. It must include:
- charcoal still life showing different matter, eg. vase, chair, textile (70x140 cm)
- paper plastic, topic: RHYTHM
- abstract painting on paper, any type of color, topic: RHYTHM
- 10 pieces of any painting or drawing according to your selection
- The zipped folder will contain either jpg or pdf format files in high resolution, ideally 72 dpi. The details when enlarged must be visible.
- It is to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- DURATION: 3 years
- FEE / ACADEMIC YEAR: USD 3000
- APPLICATION FEE: CZK 2000 / USD 100
- SCHOLARSHIP: Erasmus+ scholarship for mobilities available.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 28, 2019 (for academic year 2019/20)
About the School
Top-level results in research and science, excellence in teaching and interdisciplinary collaboration have stood for the Technical University of Liberec since 1953. Around 7000 students study at seven ... Read More