Bachelor in Teaching English as a Second Language
The program includes following courses:
History of English Language
This course traces the development of English, looking at both the English language (its sounds, its vocabulary, and its dialects) and the social and political forces that have influenced the language. Three basic themes provide the structure: history, diversity, and change. The history of English as it developed in England, United States, and other parts of the world.
English Syntax for TEFL teachers
Modern English grammar is a systematic and rigorous survey of the structure of contemporary English grammar. The course explores the usage problem associated with contemporary grammar in both speech and writing. Grammar is that system of principles and rules that allow us to organize our words and sentences into coherent, meaningful language. Grammatical usage "errors" occur whenever any of us violate those principles or rules of grammatical organization.
Modern English Grammar
The course explores the usage problems associated with contemporary grammar in both speech and writing. The course also focuses on the three fundamental issues underlying an errors of grammatical usage: the notion of Standard English, the effects of language change on English grammar, and the effects of language attitudes on our ideas of "correct" English.
LIU has, in the undergraduate studies, a large range of degree programs to choose from. The admission process is rather easy. All you need are the below documents.
- Certified copy of the BACC II Diploma or its equivalent.
- Holders of the Technical Baccalaureate Degree must provide an additional certified copy of the BT equivalency (issued from the Ministry of Higher Education in Lebanon).
- Certified copy of grades of the last 3 years of school.
- Four (4) recent passport sized colored photographs.
- Two copies of the Identification card. (1st page of passport for non-Lebanese) إخراج قيد إفرادي
- Two recent copies of the family civil status record: إخراج قيد عائلي
- TOEFL (International IBT) score, if available, or must sit for the LIU English Placement Test.
- $30 non-refundable application fee.
- Transfer applicants must submit a certified university official transcript and a course description from the college or university attended (instead of the school grades).
- All applicants must submit their social security papers (DAMAN), if available, or must fill the appropriate papers at the social security office. (Non-Lebanese Students are exempted from the Social Security).
- If you are in need of financial assistance to attend the university, pick up an "Application Form for Financial Aid" from the Public Relations Office.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017