Increasingly, the notions of solidarity, sustainability, environment, natural balances, responsible development are emerging in the world of tourism. Many countries, such as Costa Rica, fundamentally change their approach to tourism. Millions of dollars are at stake globally.
The High Charlemagne and Schuman Schools have therefore wanted to develop a new option that will train specialists in sustainable tourism.
Our goals :
- Understanding the challenges of sustainable tourism, responsible and caring
- Design, organize and distribute tourism activities concerned economic, social and environmental issues
To get to concretely achieve these goals, a new teaching method, based primarily on the notion of projects will be proposed. Throughout their education, students will be offered projects to do, ranging from programming a single event in the realization of a Work-end professional studies.
Here are all addressed modules throughout the curriculum.
- Market (Q1)
- Events (Q2)
- tourist structures (Q3)
- Territorial strategies (Q4)
- Entrepreneurship Tourism (Q5)
- Training and TFE (Q6)
The formation of sustainable tourism Bachelor is perfectly suited to the needs of a rapidly expanding sector. The bachelor's degree in sustainable tourism will be able to design, organize and distribute travel (business or pleasure) while ensuring at all times to the preservation of nature and people; to select and offer travelers transportation, accommodation and services tailored to their application; create and animate their leisure in their place of residence, all in a perspective of protection of sites and cultures.
The general training of future graduates in Tourism is both personal, theoretical and practical:
- Personal: knowledge and self-control and his relationship with others.
- Theoretical: knowledge of the tourism sector, languages, techniques of organization, management, marketing, accounting, law, humanities, general culture, awakening and expression of sensitivity, knowledge of environmental standards and ecology.
- Practice: practicing the various techniques of management and sustainable organization. Experimentation and production in the field through professional integration activities such as seminars and internships (including abroad).
The teaching team works closely with industry professionals.
ERASMUS grants are offered to encourage student mobility. Beginning of the academic year, the student is informed precisely and for each course, via the profile of studies, objectives, skills to acquire and criteria and organization of the assessment.
The course provides a balanced synthesis of the knowledge necessary to access to many professions responsibility exercised as an independent or employed in public or private companies such as:
- travel and incentive agencies;
- Tour operators;
- tourist guide;
- event companies;
- Offices and tourist homes;
- Organizations and federations in charge of tourism matters;
- transportation organizations (airlines, marine, rail, coach, etc.
- recreation centers, sports and culture;
- HORECA sector;
- Other economic sectors (banks, various companies) where the mastery of foreign languages is essential.
Tourism Bachelor's degree reduces from 5 to 2 years duration necessary training to manage licensed travel agency A (organization and intermediation of travel) and 3 to 1 year to manage licensing agency B (travel intermediation ).
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 4, 2018