- Faculty: Sports Biomedicine
- Language: English B2 level or IELTS 6.0/TOEFL 5.50
- Credits: 240 ECTS
- Begins: September
- Study type: Full-time
- Duration: 4 years
- Annual tuition fee: 3233EUR; Non-Europe – 3300 EUR
- Prerequisites: Diploma in secondary education
- Diploma: Bachelor of Sports
Coach in selected sports: basketball, judo, swimming, boxing, fitness.
The aim of this program is to provide knowledge and skills to work in different areas related to coaching and to educate students to become sports coaches, skilled to promote participation in sport and to enhance the performance of athletes and teams.
- Rules and Regulations
- Techniques and Tactics
- Athletes' Capabilities and Stages of Development
- Growth and Development
- Sports Biomechanics
- Physiology, Psychology, and Sociology
- Coaching Methodology
- Coaching Philosophy
- Monitoring Training Process
- Extensive knowledge of caching technologies.
- To guide improvement on a sustained basis and understand the needs and progress of the athletes with whom they work.
- To set the vision and strategy (short-term, mid-term and long-term planning of sessions, seasons and programmes).
- To build and maintain relationships with athletes, other coaches, support team and other people related to the program.
- To evaluate the program and identify strengths to build on weaknesses to address.
- To be an innovative practitioner.
A Bachelor diploma provides the qualification to work in sports clubs, to work as a teacher of informal education at secondary schools, colleges, public and private sports organizations.
General Admission Requirements
Online admission procedure for international students
Foreign nationals can be admitted into English taught programs of the Lithuanian Sports University if they provide the legalized secondary school, high school, or college certificate or diploma. Transcripts must be officially translated into English.
The recommended English language skills for degree students at the start of their study period are B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) or corresponding IELTS (5.0), or TOEFL (55)*.
Legalization of Educational Documents
Applicants, who received their education in countries-members from the Hague 1961 Convention (e.g. Israel, Italy, India, United Kingdom, USA, Australia, Venezuela, etc.) should have an attached Apostille to their educational documents (in most countries the Apostille is issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of Education.)
The education documents of applicants who received their education in any other country (Lebanon, Jordan, Philippines, Syria, Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, etc.) should be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the diplomatic mission or consular post of the country where education was received.
Steps of admission to LSU:
- Fill in and submit an online application form;
- Apply for and submit the recognition document of foreign qualifications issued by SKVC;
- Participate in SKYPE interview*;
- Receive a letter of acceptance;
- Apply for and receive a National D visa if needed;
- Come to Lithuania and start your studies.
*Admission Board can invite the applicant for the interview on Skype, before taking a final decision on admission.
- Admission Board will send the final decision in August 2-9,2021 on admission and informs the applicant by the Conditional letter of Acceptance;
- By submitting the documents applicant agrees for one’s information to be shared with other institutions that the University might refer to while processing the academic verification.
About the School
Lithuanian Sports University (LSU) is proud to be the only specialized university in Lithuania, which has been uniting Movement and Sports Science for over eight decades.