Why pursue a sport management degree at North Central College?
Most observers don’t realize that a career in sports can require an extremely broad knowledge base. Our sport management program will provide you with both the broad-based curriculum and the practical experience you’ll need to succeed. In fact, this combination is what sets North Central sport management graduates apart from the competition.
You can also:
- Learn from faculty, administrators and professionals with firsthand experience in sports. •
- Interact with industry experts on topics such as sport entrepreneurship; running youth sports clubs and leagues; identifying risk management and liability issues in athletics venues; rules and governance changes in the NCAA; and so many more.
- Join the SportxNC, an organization for students interested in networking, increasing their marketability, discussing current sport topics, organizing events and taking on leadership roles on special projects and committees.
- Take advantage of North Central College’s location in one of the most vibrant sport communities in the country. Professional experiences include volunteering, internships, job shadowing, gameday experiences and networking in a variety of settings.
- Additional opportunities include learning tools of the trade in hospitality and fan services with the Chicago Bears or Chicago Fire; sales with the Chicago Dogs, the Windy City Bulls or Kane County Cougars; sport and event management with Game Day USA, the Chicago Marathon, or Spikeball; tourism and marketing with Premier Sport Tourism and the city of Naperville, golf course and country club management from venues like Cress Creek or Cog Hill; sports and training facility operations from the Bulls-Sox Academy and health & fitness clubs such as the Title Boxing Club; and high school athletic or collegiate intramural administration from a number of local institutions.
- Sport Management, B.A.
- Sport Management, Digital Marketing Track, B.A.
- Sport Management, General Business Track, B.A.
The Sport Management program is designed to provide the academic foundation and practical experience required to make an impact in today's sport industry. Business and sport-focused courses with tailored emphasis in a student's chosen area provide a unique combination in preparing students to be curious, engaged, ethical and purposeful citizens and leaders.
Sport Management Internships and Jobs
A North Central education integrates career preparation with rich academic study. Our faculty encourages you to refine and apply your knowledge in an interconnected world. Here you'll learn to think independently and work globally to solve problems and lead.
Recent graduates in sport management interned with:
- Chicago Bears
- Chicago Cubs
- Chicago Fire
- Chicago Bulls/White Sox Training Academy
- Chicago Blackhawks
- Normal CornBelters professional baseball
- Chicago Bandits professional softball
- Sydney Kings Australian professional basketball
- Sport Management Worldwide
- Wheatland Athletic Association
- Neuqua Valley High School
- NCAA DIII Indoor Track & Field National Championships
- Windy City Bulls
- Chicago Empire FC
- Kane County Cougars
- Chicago Sky
- Darien Sportsplex
- Chicago Steel
- Golf Invite
- Big Ten Conference
- Chicago Sports Commission
- NFL Draft
- Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA)
- Walt Disney World Resort
Recent graduates in sport management have been accepted at:
- North Central College
- Illinois State University
- Northern Illinois University
- DePaul University
- Lindenwood University
- Campbellsville University
Recent graduates in sport management include:
- All Physical therapy, Marketing Communications
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs, TrackMan Operator
- Chicago Bears, ticket sales and service
- Tampa Bay Rays, ticket sales
- Chicago Red Stars women’s professional soccer, box office coordinator
- Campbellsville University, head cross country coach
- Chicago Fire men’s professional soccer, marketing coordinator
- Title Boxing Club, assistant manager
- Premier Tourism Marketing, sports marketing manager
- ESPN, associate jr. account manager
- New York Islanders
- Chicago White Sox, New Business Account Representative
- Learfield Sports, Partnership Services Coordinator
- Disney Sports/ESPN Wide World of Sports, sales associate
- Kansas City Royals, Assistant to Dominican Operations
- Vivid Seats, Customer Services
- Fanduel, Customer Services
- Vail Resorts, Product Sales Lead
Invest in your future
Choosing the right college is a big decision. Don’t make it alone. North Central’s admission and financial aid team is here to help you design a financial aid solution that works best for you and your family.
Merit scholarships, grants, loans, campus employment - these are just some of the resources available to you. Over 95 percent of students and 100 percent of all eligible students receive aid. Let our team partner with you in finding the best value for your education.
North Central makes admission decisions on a rolling basis starting on October 1 for the next academic year. While there is no set deadline, we recommend the following priority deadlines for full consideration and to allow time for visa processing:
- May 1 - for the semester beginning in August
- October 1 - for the semester beginning in January.
Our academic calendar will have two semesters starting in August 2020, and you can start your program in August or January. Most new students begin in August.
About the School
Founded in 1861 and home to 2900 students, North Central offers a safe, affordable, hands-on, campus-based American university experience in a terrific location. Our career-focused liberal arts educat ... Read More