*Our University’s Response to Covid-19*
Midway University plans to resume on-campus, face-to-face instruction, and residential operations for the 2020-21 academic year. We will begin classes on Monday, August 17, 2020, as originally scheduled.
We have already implemented extensive new policies and are making campus modifications to ensure safe distancing in our classrooms, residence halls, dining hall, workspaces, athletic facilities (including the new Hunter Field House), and other common areas.
Though the state of Kentucky currently has stable, low rates of infection, we are committed to helping our international students and are exceptionally offering an online, long-distance learning option. Contact us to learn more about the online option for the fall semester.
Midway University’s Sport Management program provides students with the essential skills they need to enter the broad sports industry or prepare for grad school. Our program was recently recognized as the #13 Most Affordable College for Sports Management by Sports Management Degree Guide.
What is Sports Management?
A Sports Management degree combines business and management principles with sports, events, and marketing to provide a solid foundation for success. Students attain the skills needed to manage sport programs in a variety of settings – including business, community, public, and private.
Students who successfully complete the Sports Management program will be able to:
- Integrate theory and practice into the sport industry
- Apply business and financial accounting methods to sport industry contexts
- Apply event and marketing skills to the growing business within the sports industry
This program is available in both an on-campus and online format.
What can you do with a sports management degree? A lot!
Individuals with this degree often work in the sports industry and can serve in such roles as:
- Athlete Agent
- Sports Marketing Specialist
- Sports Information Director
- Athletic Director
- Fitness/Recreation Manager
- Athletic Coach
- Sports Event Manager
- Athletics Administration
- 16:1: Student-to-faculty ratio
- Affordability: 90% of students receive some form of financial assistance
- Support: Meet faculty face-to-face to get in-person assistance
A Peek Inside Our Program
You will earn your bachelor's in Sport Management in 120 credit hours (4 years full-time).
- Common Application: We accept online applications on our website or through the Common Application.
- Complete the application: Apply Online or Download Application (PDF). A nonrefundable application fee of $30.00 is required before the application can be processed.
- Submit High School Transcript – Official transcripts should be mailed directly by the high school to the Office of Admissions or sent electronically by a secured third site (i.e. Parchment Exchange, National Student Clearinghouse).
- Official TOEFL/IELTS/SAT scores – Midway University will accept official score reports from the testing organizations. You can submit one of the scores as part of the Application Process.
Midway’s SAT code is 1467 and ACT is 1528
About the School
Midway University, located in Midway, Kentucky, is a private, non-profit liberal arts college, founded in 1847 by Dr. Lewis L. Pinkerton, as the first school in the United States to serve orphaned and ... Read More