The Software Technology Engineering Programme is a 3½-year full-degree programme taught in English. It is the education of the future, providing students with the skills and knowledge required to manage information systems in companies of today and of tomorrow. This programme will give you knowledge of information technology, microprocessors, and web technologies, as well as the way companies today, work with IT. The programme takes place at Campus Horsens.
Content and Structure
The programme is a combination of theory lectures and project work within Software Development in general, programming electronics devices, real-time programming, computer networks, Internet-of-things, game design, web design, augmented and virtual reality, database technology, big data and cloud computing.
Depending on the choice of electives, students will specialise in one of four areas:
- Cross Media
- AR/VR (augmented and virtual reality)
- Data Engineering
As part of this programme, you will develop professional and personal skills in information technology as well as gain qualifications for further studies at Master’s level.
After the third semester, you can transfer to the AR/VR specialisation in Viborg to complete your studies at the Danish Interactive Digital Center at Campus Viborg.
- Data Engineering – Courses include Data Warehousing and Machine Learning, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), business intelligence, data visualisation and analytics.
- Cross Media – Courses include Mobile Applications and Serious Games, which involve Unity, asset store, modelling and simulation, as well as interfacing.
- AR/VR – Courses include Digital Animation Production, Basic AR/VR Technologies, sensors and displays for digital immersion, game design and production and other courses from Cross Media specialisation.
- Internet-of-things – Courses include wireless computing, basic electronics, real-time and embedded programming, as well as electronics used to interface micro-controllers with a number of sensors and actuators.
Requirements for International Students:
- Upper Secondary School Examination Certificates and diplomas from at least 12 years of combined primary and secondary school education (please also send a copy of the transcript of records translated into English)
- The International and the European Baccalaureates
- The above certificates must provide evidence of mathematics at high advanced level A, physics and English corresponding to a Danish B-level (intermediate level with a minimum of 2 years at upper secondary level)
- An upper secondary school diploma supplemented with at least two years of university studies in relevant subjects; a bachelor’s degree is recommended from universities in Africa countries, Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, China and the Philippines
- Documentation of your current English language level. We accept the TOEFL test, the TOEIC test, the IELTS test or the Cambridge ESOL test.
- You may also choose to take the VIA University College English Language Assessment Test (VIAT/e).
Applicants who are native speakers or have proof of secondary school education from the UK, Australia, the USA, Canada and New Zealand are exempt from the English language admission requirements.
About the School
VIA University College is Denmark’s largest and most international university of applied sciences with a total of 19,000 students of which 3,500 are international students from all over the world.