Students graduating from TEDU Department of Sociology will:
- Have basic knowledge of sociological concepts, theories, and methods in a comparative way and use this knowledge at different levels
- Compare and contrast the sociology with other disciplines including identifying the potential contribution and limitation of sociology to interdisciplinary collaboration
- Produces interdisciplinary knowledge of national and global issues that concern different societies
- Be able to use analytical, critical and innovative thinking both to generate and interpret questions and hypothesis from the sociological knowledge base
- Achieve the knowledge in line with his/her purpose using the printed and electronic sources and evaluate both reliability of sources and suitability of the information.
- Take responsibility and initiative to create improvements and to generate solutions to the problems in the professional domain.
- Have basic measurement, assessment and interview skills to function in the professional domain
- Learn, analyze and explain the bases of qualitative and quantitative data collection methods
- Keep curiosity and interest in his/her professional development and engage in lifelong learning
- Follow sociology literature and be able to share it using written and verbal communication skills in English
- Treat others with civility respecting for differences of individual (age, gender, ethnic identity, religion, and sexual orientation) and cultural.
- Be able to use required software, techniques, and instruments in educational, measurement, assessment and data analysis.
- Be attentive to social and scientific values and professional codes of ethical conduct in all of his/her academic and professional activities.
About the School
TED University (TEDU) is a young, dynamic university, located in the heart of Ankara. It was founded in 2012 by the Turkish Education Association (TED), which has been pioneering the development of ed ... Read More