The goal of the programme is to train social workers of high personal and professional competence, holders of Bachelor’s degree, who are able to professionally act in spheres of national and international social life, who are able to provide high quality social services, strengthen abilities of individuals, groups and communities to adapt to environment through restoration and strengthening of social links, integration into society and sustaining social participation.
The social work practice is an integral part of the programme, which comprises of 21 credits. Social work practice is based on the concept of experiential learning when experience and achievements of all participants (students, field supervisors, and responsible university teachers/ supervisor of the Practice of the study programme), as well as acquired knowledge and skills, practical cases and problems, are reflected.
International Mobility Possibilities
The 2nd and 3rd-year students can participate in the ERASMUS+ mobility programme which gives a possibility to study at a university abroad for 1 or 2 semesters and do an internship in another country.
The programme graduates will have career opportunities in all kinds of institutions that provide different social services for adults and children (youth). Graduates will be able to design, implement and develop social work practice in the international labor market not only in Lithuania but also abroad. Access to further study: graduates may continue in master studies and seek academic careers in national or foreign universities.
Secondary education (grade in history/foreign language).
English language proficiency - the level not lower than B1 (following the Common Framework of Reference for Language approved by a level test is organized for those, who do not possess IELTS or TOEFL certificates.
Application Procedure and Required Documents
Follow 4 steps:
- Fill out the online application form at apply.mruni.eu
- Upload required documents
- Secure your registration by paying the application fee
- Submit your application
- Educational documents
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of secondary education diploma or high education diploma with the transcript of academic records. Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Note: Additional educational documents (such as the results of state examinations or pre-University education) might be required according to the applicant's country of residence.
- For Masters degree-seeking students: Certified true copies of university transcript and diploma (a candidate must have a University Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent first university degree with a minimum 3-year study duration). Documents must be officially translated into the Lithuanian or the English language.
- Document proving the results of the English language proficiency.
- For Bachelor degree-seeking students: at least level B1; assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B1: TOEFL Paper 477-510, TOEFL IBT 53-64, IELTS 4.5-5.0, PTE level
- For Master degree-seeking students: at least level B2, assessments of English language proficiency certificates equivalent to level B2: TOEFL Paper 513-547, TOEFL IBT 65-78, IELTS 5.5-6.0.
- Note: in case you do not have IELTS or TOEFL, there is a possibility to take the online English language level test organized by the University. You should choose this option when filling the application. There is no additional fee for this test.
- Passport copy
- Passport type photo
- Notarized letter of sponsorship from parents/sponsors and the letter from a bank about their financial abilities (showing incomes from the last 3 months).
Improve your English!
Are you interested in studying in English, but you do not have a sufficient level of knowledge of the English language necessary for studying in English?
Minor English Language studies are designed for those, who are willing to enter a Bachelor study programme at Mykolas Romeris University but do not have sufficient knowledge of the English language necessary for studying in a foreign language. During the first study year students, who enter a major Bachelor study programme together with minor English language studies, will focus on language studies only. Upon completion of one year Minor English Language studies and reaching sufficient English language proficiency level international students will continue studies on their selected Bachelor study programme at MRU.
One year Minor English Language studies fee – 1800 EUR.
For more information please visit els.mruni.eu
Our Student Experiences
About the School
Located just 20 minutes from the center of Vilnius, Mykolas Romeris University (MRU) is one of largest and most international universities in Lithuania, currently having around 7,000 students from 58 ... Read More