Social Pathology and Prevention is a bachelor degree study field in the frame of study programme Specialization in Pedagogy, organized in the full-time form of study.
Profile of graduates and their prospective employment:
This study programme focuses on issues of social pathology, prevention, and treatment of high-risk behavior. Graduates are provided with a comprehensive understanding of socio-pathological phenomena issues, their prevention, and treatment from the perspective of pedagogy, psychology, sociology, law, and others. The courses also prepare the attendants for implementation of research studies in the fields of social pathology and prevention, and organizational and educational work with adults, too. Graduates are ready for the following kinds of career:
- as professionals in following institutions: school facilities for institutional and protective education (diagnostic facilities, children´s homes, educational institutions for youth), educational institutions for preventive-educational care (educational care centres), nonprofit organisations focused on prevention and treatment of the social-pathological phenomena (contact and drop-in centres, drop-in centres for children and youth, aftercare services, social services for families with children, citizen advice bureaus etc.);
- as methodologists of prevention in schools,
- as employees of the departments of social affairs (curators for adults and youth, Romany advisors, minorities consultants, public guardians, foster carers, or the domestic violence, child abuse, and exploitation officers),
- as police specialists,
- as specialists in the penitentiary and after-penitentiary care (custody, imprisonment, and security detention).
Organization of studies:
- Autumn/Winter term: 13 weeks from 3rd week of September + examination period
- Spring/Summer term: 13 weeks from 2nd week of February + examination period
Application deadline: 31st March (for starting studies in September)
Applicants have to send
- filled-in application form to the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- a copy of their certificate of completing the secondary-level of education translated into English and verified by a notary,
- a letter of motivation in English declaring interest in studying social pathology with a focus on one of the socio-pathological phenomena (3600 letters)
The extent and contents of the entrance examination: A written letter of motivation is required, no additional entrance tests will be administered, no oral examination.
- Maximum possible rating: 100 points
- Minimum boundary for admission: 50 points
About the School
The Faculty of Education of the University of Hradec Králové offers 64 courses of life-long education, the number of attendants of these courses is higher than 1,300. Courses offered by the University ... Read More