Bachelor in Sculpture
Students enrolled in sculpture are exposed to traditional approaches such as modeling, carving and constructing, as well as the possibilities of contemporary modes of three-dimensional expression. Emphasis is placed on independent thinking, as well as strong critical and technical skills. Technical workshops in metal, wood, casting and digital imagery are mandatory for Sculpture majors.
- Minimum FIVE (5) CXC subjects with grades 1 to 3 (grade 3 after 1998) or minimum FIVE (5) G.C.E. ‘O’ Level with grades A to C.
- Be at least 17 years old at the time of admission.
- English Language at the CXC/G.C.E. Level (or equivalent) is compulsory for all applicants.
- Visual Arts at the CXC/ G.C.E. Level (or equivalent) is advantageous to applicants.
- PORTFOLIO: Applicants are required to submit a portfolio of original work for evaluation. The portfolio should consist of not less than fifteen (15) pieces of recent artwork, i.e., drawings done from observation, including landscape, still life, self-portrait or figure drawing. Slides or photographs are accepted from overseas applicants.
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT: Applicants whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Applicants can register for the TOEFL examinations at www.ets.org/toefl.
Program taught in:
See 17 more programs offered by Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts »
This course is