Program Description & Objectives
This program is aimed at training students to systematically grasp the basic theories, methods, and skills of oil & gas exploration projects, attain the skills necessary for petroleum geology engineers in Engineering design, applied research and oil & gas exploration and development geology. Students graduating after this course should be able to independently engage in engineering design, applied research and production management in the fields of oil and gas exploration.
- Reservoir Geophysics
- Seismic Modeling and Imaging
- Seismic Anisotropy and Interpretation
- Seismic Data Processing and Inversion
- Petroleum Geology
- Logging Data Interpretation
- Oilfield Subsurface Geology
- Geoanalytical Techniques
Graduation & Degree Requirements
- Study time: 4 years. Maximum 3-6 years
- Degree Awarded: BE (Bachelor of Engineering)
- Minimum credits: 120 (English Taught)
- Minimum credits: 157 (Chinese Taught)
Tuition: 25,000 RMB/Year
Where English was not the medium of instruction during previous a Student’s previous study experience, applicants must demonstrate English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 6.0. or TOEFL 75.
HSK 4 with at least 222 marks for applicants of the Chinese language program.
Application Deadline & Course Start Date
Applications open from October to June 15th for postgraduate studies. Degree programs all start in September. We advise students to apply 3 months before the deadline in order to have ample time to prepare all the necessary materials and apply for scholarships.