Bachelor in Public Relations
The program includes following courses:
The course offers the students the opportunity to get acquainted with the business of media. It allows them to explore the uniqueness of information as a product, shedding the light on two perspective models, namely the market one and that of the public sphere. While the market aims at profits and the public sphere is concerned with public interest, facts, theories and articles related to these issues, are communicated to the students. The objective is to induce them towards a global comprehension of the media industry on the one band, and on the other, towards an analysis of the media sphere as it presents itself today in their everyday lives, and of the various messages that it conveys.
Introduction to Communication Studies
This course introduces the students to the general idea of Communication theory and application. The course will involve multidimensional issues of student preparation to other courses in Communication, through this course the student will have the chance to figure out the field of study he/she wants to focus on. Prerequisite(s): ENGL 150
Advertising Theory & Practice
Basic understanding of advertising and the operation of its system Emphasis on personal and professional development in the field of advertising. Examination and application of basic principles and techniques of advertising writing. Focus on advertising media, managers, strategies, creative planning execution and social effects. Prerequisite(s): COMM 200
LIU has, in the undergraduate studies, a large range of degree programs to choose from. The admission process is rather easy. All you need are the below documents.
- Certified copy of the BACC II Diploma or its equivalent.
- Holders of the Technical Baccalaureate Degree must provide an additional certified copy of the BT equivalency (issued from the Ministry of Higher Education in Lebanon).
- Certified copy of grades of the last 3 years of school.
- Four (4) recent passport-sized colored photographs.
- Two copies of the Identification card. (1st page of passport for non-Lebanese) إخراج قيد إفرادي
- Two recent copies of the family civil status record: إخراج قيد عائلي
- TOEFL (International IBT) score, if available, or must sit for the LIU English Placement Test.
- $30 non-refundable application fee.
- Transfer applicants must submit a certified university official transcript and a course description from the college or university attended (instead of the school grades).
- All applicants must submit their social security papers (DAMAN), if available, or must fill the appropriate papers at the social security office. (Non-Lebanese Students are exempted from the Social Security).
- If you are in need of financial assistance to attend the university, pick up an "Application Form for Financial Aid" from the Public Relations Office.
About the School
LIU provides a well-established post-secondary education to over 20,000 full-time and part-time students in the undergraduate and graduate levels nationally and internationally.