Public Policy Concentration (24 credits)
This concentration provides students with a clear understanding of public policy, the policy process, and policy analysis. Students have the opportunity to develop perspectives on a variety of contemporary public policy issues, especially those that emerge from scientific and technological advancements. At the heart of the concentration is the Foundations of Public Policy (PUBL – 101) course, where students are introduced to the concept of public policy and the policy-making process.
The roles of stakeholders and interest groups are discussed in the context of contemporary cases in various policy arenas. Students are also introduced to some of the methodologies associated with policy analysis. Additional courses are offered from the areas of sociology; political science; and science, technology, and society. The Public Policy Analysis course of study is offered especially for students who are considering the MS in public policy or who have an interest in analytical tools.
- PUBL – 101 Foundations of Public Policy
- STSO – 421 Environmental Policies
- PUBL – 301 Public Policy Analysis* (PUBL-101)
- POLS – 220 Global Political Economy* (POLS-120)
- POLS – 345 Politics and Public Policy* (POLS-120)
- PUBL – 210 Introductions to Qualitative Policy Analysis
- SOCI – 340 Urban Planning and Policy* (SOCI-102)
- PUBL – 201 Ethics, Values and Public Policy
- STSO – 201 Science and Technology Policy
- STSO – 421 Energy Policies
*These courses have prerequisites or co-requisites as noted in parentheses.
About the School
The RIT Kosovo (A.U.K) is Kosovo's only private, nonprofit higher education institution which teaches entirely in the English language. It is also the single institution in Kosovo whose degrees are ac ... Read More