Scholarships up to USD 25,000
Moravian College offers an International Student Merit Award based primarily on academic achievement: grades, the strength of your academic program, your TOEFL or IELTS scores, and your SAT scores if submitted.
Students majoring in public health can pursue a Bachelor of Arts in Public Health (BAPH) or a Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BSPH).
In both the BAPH and BSPH tracks will students will gain skills in 9 core courses that cover the key elements of the discipline. Additionally, all students majoring in public health will complete a minimum of 2 additional public health (HLTP) units beyond the 9 core public health (HLTP course).
The BA and BS degrees are distinguished by the multidisciplinary electives chosen by students. Students majoring in the BS in Public Health (BSPH) select 5 units from specified courses in Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Environmental Science, Health Science, Mathematics, and/or Physics. Students majoring in the BA in Public Health (BAPH) focus on 5 specified course units in Accounting, Economics, History, Management, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Religion, Sociology, and/or Spanish.
First-year international students are required to submit the following:
- Moravian College online application or the Common Application. (You may submit an online application free of charge)
- Official secondary school academic records. (original and certified translations)
- Official Test Scores (SAT or ACT.) If English is not your native language, you must submit TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing Scores) scores, and this is required of all freshmen applicants. Requirements may be waived for transfer students contingent on college or university transcripts. Please note that Moravian College does not offer an English as a Second Language (ESL) program.
- "Certification of Finances" form that confirms that you and your sponsor understand the total cost of education, and there are adequate funds to cover your educational expenses under normal conditions through the full program.
- A letter from a bank official or bank statement must accompany all figures indicated on the "Certification of Finances" form for verification. However, all documents must be dated within 6 months of application.
- Proof of Financial Support. The student must prove that they have at least the equivalent of $59,664.00 (US) readily available to them for educational expenses. The monies can be in any country and in any currency. Acceptable sources of financial resources are saving accounts, checking accounts, money market accounts, and certificates of deposit. If Moravian awards you a merit scholarship, you may deduct the amount of the scholarship from the total of $59,664.00 (US).
- A letter of recommendation from a guidance counselor.
- A personal statement or essay.
Moravian College offers pre-professional health advising to students seeking competitive admission into a variety of health professions programs. These programs include but are not limited to: medicine, dentistry, veterinary, or physician assistant.
It's all about the experience! The opportunities here are life-changing—some may even say revolutionary. Here’s a preview of what you’ll experience as a Moravian College student:
- A tech-friendly campus: Every student receives a MacBook Pro and an iPad as soon as they deposit.
- Personalized learning: We have an 11:1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of 17 students.
- Classic college town: Moravian is located in historic downtown Bethlehem, PA.
- Lifetime support: Say hello to the Center for Career and Civic Engagement!
- Global education: Choose from more than 20 study abroad programs.
- Opportunities beyond the classroom: Participate in research, civic engagement, scholarship programs, internships, and more.
- A vast and active network: There are more than 17,900 Moravian alumni across the world, ready to help you get a job.
About the School
Moravian College sits at the intersection of historic and history-making. As the 6th oldest university in America, we’ve earned our reputation as an eye-opening and a world-changing place to learn and ... Read More