We were the first in Lithuania to organise public governance studies, therefore we can guarantee high quality of studies, experience, and professionalism. Studies are meant for those who aspire to become strong public governance specialists who know public governance theories and practices, values and ethics, principles of civil society and volunteering, main social research methods, and who are able to apply them in management activities of the public sector. Since 2019 the programme offers a dual degree with the University of Central Florida (USA).
The programme is focused on key issues of governance and non-profit leadership in a globalising world and allows students to acquire a thorough understanding of how public policies affect the outcomes and citizens in a context of changing political and social settings. This will allow them to develop well-designed policies and systemic reforms that will enhance the effectiveness and legitimacy of national and transnational public policies and administrative system. The programme provides students with a unique possibility to achieve professional knowledge and practical skills in public governance and leadership on both sides of the Atlantic.
The study programme aims to bring experience and professionalism as well as global awareness and competency in public administration to students who are keen to become leaders in the public and nonprofit sector.
Pending successful accreditation review of faculty qualifications at UCF.
Knowledge of economic, social, legal and political public administration context; Knowledge of principles and values of public policy and public administration, selection of innovative management measures in the activities of the public sector; Change and innovation management in public sector and public management organisations.
– Able to establish public management priorities, formulate objectives and tasks, implement them and assess public programmes and projects;
– Able to perform analysis of public management processes, identify and distinguish results and long-term consequences of public policy, assess significant alternatives according to the set priorities of public policy;
– Able to identify practical problems of public management and prepare recommendations for their ethical solutions, individually select management measures used in the public administration practice applying various analytical instruments.
You may become
- Specialist of administration and executive areas
- Policy and administration specialist
- Public service specialist
- Management and organisation analyst
|Proficiency in English|
IELTS ≥5.5, TOEFL ≥75, CEFR ≥B1, or equivalent
|High school certificate|
Maximum 3 years after high school graduation is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Minimum average grade (CGPA) > 60 % in each entry subject.
About the School
Kaunas University of Technology - KTU - is one the largest technological universities in the Baltics. Known for its linkages with business, leadership in scientific research, flexible interdisciplinar ... Read More