The Bachelor of Arts degree program in Psychology is designed to provide students with a broad-based understanding of psychology, and, through an appropriate choice of electives, the opportunity to tailor courses of study to fit specific interests and career objectives.
The purpose of the Bachelor of Arts degree program is to provide intensive training to those students who desire a foundation for graduate work in psychology, or who choose to further education in a graduate program in business, human services, law, mental health, etc. It also provides strong preparation for careers in fields that require knowledge of human behavior, leadership and motivation, and advanced social skills.
The Bachelor of Arts degree program consists of a 45-credit core of courses that includes 18 required credits in basic psychology, statistics, and research methods, followed by 27 credits of psychology electives.
|Degree earned||Total number of credits|
What can you do with this degree?
Medaille alumni have gone on to careers as:
- Family Therapy Specialist
- Couples Counselor
- Substance Abuse Counselor
- Social Worker
- Child Protective Services Agent
- Guidance Counselor
- Sports Psychologist
- Human Resources Manager
- Vocational Counselor
Graduates go on to pursue master’s degrees or doctoral studies, as well as careers in:
- Human Services
- Community-Based Agencies
- Health and Recreation
What sets Medaille’s bachelor’s degree program in psychology apart?
- Small classes.
- Accomplished faculty with real work experience in the field.
- Close faculty-student mentoring relationships.
- Sign up for Medaille’s 4+1 program and complete your Master of Arts (MA) in Psychology by staying just one extra year.
- The option of more than one internship.
- Discussion of the latest practices and studies with your peers and future colleagues as a member of the Psychology Club.
- Opportunities to use your skills and understanding of human behavior as a member of the Student Government Association (SGA) or DECA.
You have an exciting journey ahead and we’ll be there every step of the way
Medaille College is the place for students who want to change their world and improve the lives of their communities through their careers as leaders, advocates, and professionals. Each one of Medaille’s undergraduate programs prepares you for the workplace through hands-on learning experiences in and out of the classroom.
Medaille College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Personalized support.
- Student-centered environment.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available.
- A vibrant campus located in the heart of the City of Buffalo Relevant real-world experiences.
- More than two-dozen clubs and activities.
- Successful NCAA Division III athletic teams.
About the School
Medaille College is a private, nonsectarian four-year college with campuses in Buffalo, Rochester and online. Medaille focuses on your success as a student and as a future professional by offering und ... Read More