This Department came into existence alongside the founding of the University back in 1990. The University has continually aimed to empower this Department with faculty of high calibre, who are capable of providing the students with the skills necessary for work and postgraduate study. The University has always been bent on supplying the Department with all the amenities propitious for high-quality education in order to stay in the forefront in this field. Accordingly, there has been sufficient focus on the theoretical part of this discipline, but the Department also focuses on equipping the students with research skills and the practical skills that enable them to utilize technology in their research endeavours.
Our mission is to advance students’ knowledge and skills to enable them to understand the psychological phenomena of the community members and to handle it professionally.
- Developing theoretical understanding and practical experience necessary for the interpretation of human behavior.
- Upgrading research skills geared towards making psychological studies.
- Tying psychological research to community needs.
- Keeping abreast of modern developments and technology in order to update the educational process.
- Taking part in dealing with psychological issues in the local community.
About the School
AAU Started providing academic services in 1990, Al-Ahliyya Amman University (AAU) was the first private university and pioneer of private education in Jordan.