Behind every object we use on a day to day basis, from the simplest to the most complex, there is a process that goes from the first thought to the market launch, after completing multiple testing and prototyping rounds. In every stage, the Product Design professional must understand not only the manufacturer’s needs but also the user’s.
Through this program, you will be trained in the usage of different types of materials, while you submerge in the functional, aesthetic, spatial and ergonomic characteristics of the products.
Currently, due to the growing preoccupation about eco-design, both from the consumption and the manufacture, the life cycle of the objects is one of the key points in Product Design studies, putting special emphasis in sustainability and recycling. Innovation in materials, functionalities, and techniques will also be treated from the Smart Design perspective, one of the emblems of the technological democratization, the modernization of cities and the strengthening of the 4.0 industry.
- Title: Official Degree in Design, Product Design Specialty
- Credits: 240 ECTS (120 common to all the specialties, 120 of the chosen specialty)
- Duration: 4 academic years
- Language: English / Spanish
- Smart Products design, the design of products for Smart Cities, Smart Retail
- Automotive industry and mobility
- Furniture design for housing and urban furniture
- Design of professional equipment
- Lightning design
- Design of household appliances and household objects
- Design of devices with electronic technology and bionic design
- Accessories design
- Precision tools design
- Packaging design and eco-design
- Business II organization and processes
- Design themes
- Integral projects II
- Materials and technology (II, III)
- Projects (II, III)
- Computer expansion: industrial
- Furniture Design
- Models and prototypes
- Book and project presentation
- Industrial Packaging
- Product: Project Analysis
- Design of Small Appliances
- 3D Modeling and Rendering
- Material utilization technology and mechanics
- Illumination Design
- Scenography and lighting
- Department intensification
- Final Degree Project
Language of instruction
English track: the first 2 years are taught in English and the last 2 years are taught both in English and in Spanish.
Spanish track: all 4 years are taught in Spanish.
High School Diploma / Secondary School Diploma
Program taught in: