School of Sciences and Humanities
The academic staff at Nazarbayev University’s School of Sciences and Humanities comprises scholars with doctoral degrees from leading universities around the world. We also have researchers involved in various studies, and our scientists in the natural sciences conduct researches in about 90 laboratories. Some of our faculty members even specialize in Eurasian studies. Admitted students of NU SSH can rest assured of tapping from our faculty’s wealth of knowledge and experience, both inside and outside the classroom.
We keep our classes small so students can readily receive one-on-one attention from their instructors. Moreover, instructors can tailor classes to the need of each student for the best learning experience owing to our student-centered learning. Our professors can work with the weaknesses of every student and improve their strengths. Laboratory experience and research involvement are not spared from this approach: our students get practical laboratory experience and collaborate with their colleagues or their professors in researches.
Students are also provided with academic support. For instance, students have access to writing instructors and coaches that will help them become assertive writers through our Writing Center. Also, thanks to our long-existing Peer Advising Center, we provide our students with a team of peer advisors, most of whom are trained students, who assist other students with various academic decisions, such as course selections, general orientation for new students, or if a student needs help using university resources.
About the program
The degree program in Political Science and International relations (PSIR) offers a flexible and applied degree that is designed to train the next generation of political scientists as well as provide a solid generalist degree to prepare students in a variety of professions. It also provides excellent training for future graduate study.
With a B.A. in PSIR you will gain:
- Analytical and methodological skills.
- The ability to build strong, compelling cases with solid proof to back it up.
- An understanding of how countries interact and build relationships.
- An understanding of human rights, politics, diplomatic and legal systems.
- An understanding of how politics are conducted and how we can learn to understand the political world around us.
- Campus: Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
- Language: English
- Delivery mode: Full time, on-campus
- Duration: 4 years
- Total ECTS credits: 240
English Language Requirements
- IELTS – no less than 6.5 overall (with at least 6.0 in each sub-score)
- TOEFL IBT – 79-93 (Reading – no less than 13, Listening – no less than 12, Speaking – no less than 18, Writing - no less than 21)
- TOEFL PBT – 574-599
- SAT Reasoning Test – no less than 1240. An essay is required, no minimum score
- ACT – composite score no less than 27. Writing part is required, no minimum score
Work after graduation
PSIR is a general degree that will open up your horizons to many different possibilities. Our program in PSIR is perfect for someone who is seeking to build a career in:
- Public Sector
- Legal Services
- Private firms and Multinational organizations
- Non-government Organizations
- United Nations and other international organizations
University of Wisconsin-Madison (USA)
Other strategic partners of Nazarbayev University
- Duke University, Fuqua School of Business (USA)
- The National University of Singapore, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy (Singapore)
- The University of Pennsylvania (USA)
- The University of Cambridge (UK)
- Colorado School of Mines (USA)
- The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (USA)
- The Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (USA)
- The Oak Ridge Associated Universities (USA)
About the School
Located in Nur-Sultan City, Kazakhstan, in Central Asia, Nazarbayev University is a research university with growing international renown combining education and innovation on a state of the art 21st- ... Read More