Photography provides broad exposure to a range of practice and conceptual and aesthetic approaches while offering the opportunity to select a track in one of three areas: Fine Art Photography, Photo Journalism, and Commercial Practice. The provision of concentrations will produce photographers who will be equipped for the varied professional demands in photography and related practice which are required in the society while having a common understanding of the conceptual and theoretical framework of art production.
- Minimum FIVE (5) CXC subjects with grades 1 to 3 (grade 3 after 1998) or minimum FIVE (5) G.C.E. ‘O’ Level with grades A to C.
- Be at least 17 years old at the time of admission.
- English Language at the CXC/G.C.E. Level (or equivalent) is compulsory for all applicants.
- Visual Arts at the CXC/ G.C.E. Level (or equivalent) is advantageous to applicants.
- PORTFOLIO: Applicants are required to submit a portfolio of original work for evaluation. The portfolio should consist of not less than fifteen (15) pieces of recent artwork, i.e., drawings were done from observation, including landscape, still life, self-portrait or figure drawing. Slides or photographs are accepted from overseas applicants.
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT: Applicants whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Applicants can register for the TOEFL examinations at www.ets.org/toefl.
About the School
The Edna Manley College of the Visual and Performing Arts (EMCVPA) is the premier arts college in the English-speaking Caribbean whose mission is to enrich the aesthetic sensibilities and promote the ... Read More