Our four-year Bachelor of Petroleum Engineering program features studies in physics, chemistry, mathematics, geology, economics and other specialist petroleum engineering topics. Students will be prepared adequately for the petroleum industry and its related fields as drilling, exploitation, petroleum production, reservoir engineering and transportation of oil, natural gas and petroleum economics, etc.
Petroleum Engineering program at HCMUT-Bach Khoa university, prepare students adequately for the petroleum industry and its related fields
Soft skills such as teamwork, communication, identifying & solving problems through hands-on training are also offered to our students in a creative, professional, dynamic and competitive international environment.
Graduates will work closely with other professionals, such as geologists, to locate the dig site, design and build the machines that extract as much oil and gas as possible, and oversee the removal and processing of the petroleum itself, etc.
Graduates can work in either Vietnamese or foreign petroleum companies, including:
- The subsidiaries of Petrovietnam - Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (PVEP, PVD, PTSC, PIDC, VPI, etc.)
- The joint ventures and the joint operations (VSP, JVPC, Petronas, Cuu Long JOC, Hoang Long JOC, Universal JOC, Truong Son JOC, etc.)
- Multinational petroleum corporations (BP, Unocal, Exxon Mobile, etc.), international petroleum technical service corporations (Schlumberger, BJ, Halliburton, GEOSERVICES, Baker Hughes, Weatherford, etc.)
- Universities, Institutes of Petroleum, drilling and groundwater extraction enterprises, Provincial Department of Science and Technology – Environment, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Provincial Department of Industry)
Opportunity to transfer to our partner universities
Students have 2 options:
- Option 1: Students study at HCMUT-Bach Khoa University for 4 years and get the Bachelor of Petroleum Engineering from HCMUT-Bach Khoa University
- Option 2: After completing 02 years at HCMUT-Bach Khoa University, students with financial and academic eligibility may transfer to the University of Adelaide (Australia) the later 02 year to complete their study for Bachelor degree. The official bachelor degree is awarded by the University of Adelaide (Australia). The advantage of this option is that the student can save about 50% total fee (tuition fee and living expense) compared to studying for full 4 years in Australia to get a Bachelor Degree awarded by the University of Adelaide (Australia).
- Study language: English
- Training duration: 04 years at HCMUT-Bach Khoa University
- Campus: HCMUT-Bach Khoa University campus
List of Courses
||Reservoir Characterization and Modeling
||Well Testing and Pressure Transient
|Computing for Engineers
||Formation Damage and Productivity
|Production Engineering & Optimization
||Structural Geology and Seismic Methods
Please contact or visit HCMUT-Bach Khoa University website for further information.