KBTU FEOGI bachelor programmes 5B070600 - Geology and exploration of mineral resources, 5B070800 - Petroleum engineering are accredited by the international agency Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST).
Bachelor of Science Degree programme in Petroleum Engineering aims to produce graduates who are able to:
- Understand and apply petroleum engineering science and technology in the areas of drilling, production, reservoir engineering, formation evaluation, petrophysics, and well completion.
- Perform as engineering professionals in the areas of exploration, development, and production of oil and gas fields; choose and apply well completion methods; develop and supervise automated control systems of technological processes in oil and gas companies.
- Identify opportunities, solve engineering problems and make decisions.
Depending on the specialization the objects of the professional activities are: technologies of oil and gas fields development and operation; technical facilities, devices, and tools for extraction and treatment of well production; oil and gas wells, maintenance of all stages of their construction; drilling rigs and production platforms; well testing; systems of transport of hydrocarbons, the main pipeline and flowline, pump and compressor stations, gas storage and oil depot. Graduates of the programme can successfully engage in the following kinds of professional work: research, industrial-technological and organizational-administrative. Basic places for employment are oil and gas production companies, service companies, research institutes, service companies for well complete overhaul operations, transportation and storage of hydrocarbons.
Compulsory course– 96 credits, including:
- Physical Geology
- Petroleum Geology
- Petroleum Chemistry
- Rocks and fluid properties
- Introduction to petroleum engineering
- Drilling and drilling technology
- Engineering and technology of oil and gas industry
- Well Workover
- Development of offshore fields
- Well Logging
- Building geostatic and dynamic model of the petroleum formation
- Production gathering and processing
- JSC National Company "KazMunaiGas"
- JSC "Prospecting and Production KazMunaiGas"
- JSC "TengizShevroil"
- "Atyrau Oil Refining"
- "Pavlodar Petrochemical Plant"
- JSC "PetroKazakhstan Overseas Services Inc"
- JSC "Agip КСО"
- "Karachaganak Petroleum Operating"
- Talgar Distillery
- InterGas Central Asia
- Baker Hughes
Address: Almaty, Tole Bi St., 59, 332 cab.
Phone: +7 (727) 2725615, 2725129
About the School
KBTU considers its mission to provide high-quality education for future leaders in business and industry, to promote innovative technologies and research in the most advanced and prospective areas of ... Read More