Imagine earning your bachelor's degree in just 12 months. With our flexible Bronx and online degree program, you can.
This accelerated program leads to a B.S. in Organizational Management, providing skills for leadership positions in a variety of industries.
You have the life experience, determination, and drive; all you need is the degree. At Mercy College, you can get your degree in as little as one year. Our Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management gives you the skills you need to be competitive in today's continually changing workplace.
The program is an accredited, accelerated, degree completion program designed to accommodate working adults. Campus-based classes meet two evenings per week so you don't have to sacrifice your career for your degree.
You'll participate and meet course requirements within a flexible time frame. Students advance through a prescribed three-semester schedule, taking only one three-credit course each month within the same cohort. This prepares students to apply their learning to dynamic challenges they face in today's continually changing workplace.
- Receive credits for your life experiences including military training, transfer credits and military exams.
- Complete your degree in 12 months.
- In class with other working adults.
- Flexible scheduling: blended in-class and online at our Bronx Campus.
- Taught by industry leaders.
- Personalized attention from the program director and professionally trained PACT mentors specifically for adult students.
- Support services, such as 24-hour tech support and online student orientation.
- Private education at one of the lowest private tuition rates in the country.
- Path to continue to a one-year master's degree program.
- Transferring of approximately 60 credits or more
- Associate's degree preferred
- Five years or more work experience
Organizational Management Accolades
Support Services Include:
- 24-Hour Tech Support: You can speak with a professional technician at the Mercy College Help Desk from 8 a.m. - 8 p.m., Monday through Thursday and from 8 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Friday. An on-call HelpLine is available at all other times.
- Admissions Counselor: You'll be assigned a personal Admissions Counselor to help you understand and fulfill the admissions process.
- Student Advisor: The Student Advisor audits the student's incoming transfer credits and works with each student throughout the year to help assess and structure a course of study for meeting all graduation requirements.
- Faculty Mentor: You'll have a mentor assigned to guide you through the writing of the Integrative Project thesis. The mentor can answer any questions or help solve problems you may be facing with the final project.
- Practitioner Instructors: Instructors in the program are all practitioners in their fields and, in addition to their academic expertise, provide students with real-world perspectives on the topics in each course.
- Cohort Structure: The cohort structure generates a consistent learning community. Students move through the program together, building a peer support network throughout the year and, often, beyond. Cohort sizes are kept small to facilitate both individual attention and effective interactions between students.
- Online Student Orientation Programs: An Online Student Orientation is available one month prior to the start of classes. Once a student has registered an Orientation can be accessed in their first course. The orientation will give the student an overview of the Online program; including information on the course of study, Life Achievement Credit, the Integrative Project and required textbooks. It will also provide an introduction to effective online learning practices.
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Apply knowledge of management concepts and functions in an integrated manner.
- Recognize and assess local, national, and global economic forces in the business environment.
- Recognize and evaluate ethical issues in Organizational Management.
- Construct and present effective oral and written professional communication.
- Examine issues that affect their work and their organization.
- Function effectively as team members and, where appropriate, as team leaders.
Possible career paths with our Bachelor of Science in Organizational Management program include:
- Fortune 500 Companies
- Law Enforcement
- Health Care
- Education Government
About the School
Mercy offers more than 90 undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs within five schools: Business, Education, Health and Natural Sciences, Liberal Arts and Social and Behavioral Scien ... Read More