BSc in Chemistry
The Faculty of Chemical Engineering was established in 1930. Leading professors with PhD degrees or Doctor of Science degrees train students to become skilled personnel in the field of fundamental and applied chemistry and chemical technology. Our students have an opportunity to study and work at the most modern chemical laboratories, equipped with contemporary facilities. There is also a computer class which provides access to the needed data bases and scientific journals.
About the University (history, modern improvements, school mission, awards/accreditations)
Established in 1914, Samara State Technical University is committed to the purity of science, research and innovation. Our Aim is to facilitate market needs in the areas which we specialize with students equipped with directly applicable skills. And we can honestly say that university alumni successfully put into practice acquired knowledge.
Nowadays the University embraces 3 main campuses, 17 educational buildings, 8 dormitories, more than 50 research centers, 2 sport complexes and 3 recreation centers.
The University is licensed by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation to implement the educational activity in the field of higher education (License № 1938 from 17 February 2016). The University is accredited by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (State Accreditation Certificate № 1676 from 22 January 2016).
Things that make the program special
The BSc degree provides an in-depth study of all of the major areas of chemistry, and a comprehensive grounding in modern, practical synthetic and analytical chemistry. This course also aims to prepare students for the future career in science, industry and education within the field of Chemistry.
Outcome for graduates
As a result of studying with us, our students gain such important skills as conducting a chemical experiment, understanding methods of producing chemicals and comprehension of all of the aspects of the chemical industry. Due to the internships, our students acquire practical experience of working in the industry. The internships are to be undertaken in major Russian and international enterprises, such as “Rosneft”, “Carlsberg” and “Schneider Electric”.
The Application procedure for the program ends on August 19th
The Application procedure for the program starts on June 1st
- Fill in an Application Form Email the Application Form, a copy of your passport and copies of your educational documents in English or in Russian. Wait for the official reply from the University ( about 2-3 weeks )
- Translate and notarize your educational documents in the Embassy of the Russian Federation in your country
- Apply for a Student Visa in your country
- Upon arrival to Samara submit all the original documents
- Sign the Contract and pay the tuition fee for the first semester/year
Applicants who do not speak Russian are enrolled for the one-year Preparatory course, take an exam of the Russian language and after that submit the documents for the degree program.
Entry requirements (language, previous degree or training, etc.)
List of documents:
- International passport
- Migration Card (you'll get it at the Russian cross-border control)
- 6 color photos (size 3 x 4)
- Educational documents (high school certificate) and their certified copies, translated into Russian and notarized by a certified solicitor in the home country of the candidate.
- a certificate of health, issued by the official body of the home country and the original medical certificate that proves HIV-negative result taken within the last 30 days
Length of program
4 years of full-time study
126200 rubles per year
International applicants have an opportunity to receive the scholarships from the Russian Government. To apply for such scholarships you should contact the Representative office of Rossotrudnichestvo in the country of your residence.
Program taught in: