Oil and Gas Facilities Operation and Maintenance
The Petroleum Engineering Faculty was established in 1947. Leading professors with Ph.D. degrees or Doctor of Science degrees train students to become skilled personnel in the field of oil and gas technology and engineering. Our students have an opportunity to study and work at the most modern petroleum laboratories, equipped with contemporary facilities.
About the University (history, modern improvements, school mission, awards/accreditations)
Established in 1914, Samara State Technical University is committed to the purity of science, research and innovation. Our Aim is to facilitate market needs in the areas which we specialize with students equipped with directly applicable skills. And we can honestly say that university alumni successfully put into practice acquired knowledge.
Nowadays the University embraces 3 main campuses, 17 educational buildings, 8 dormitories, more than 50 research centers, 2 sport complexes and 3 recreation centers.
The University is licensed by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation to implement the educational activity in the field of higher education (License № 1938 from 17 February 2016). The University is accredited by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (State Accreditation Certificate № 1676 from 22 January 2016).
Things that make the program special
By choosing a degree in Oil and Gas Studies you open a wide range of prospects in both studying and career. This degree program is interrelated with three others: BSc Exploitation and Service of Oil and Gas Transportation and Storage Facilities; BSc Oil and Gas Well-Drilling; and BSc Gas Extraction. Therefore it is possible to change your program before the third year of education.
The teaching staff of the Petroleum Engineering Faculty closely collaborates with the oil and gas industry; during the course of study, they develop a combination of theory and practice. Studying with us will give you unique experience of studying and working in the center of the oil and gas extraction, transportation and refinery, Samara region.
Outcome for graduates
After completion of this degree program, students will be able to create ecological and economic justification for the development of oil field upon the practical experience gained in both studying and internships; apply the appropriate methodology for oil extraction. In addition to the critical areas of theory and analysis, familiarisation with equipment, donated by the leading companies in the industry, gives our graduates the competitive edge when entering the job market.
The Application procedure for the program ends on August 19th
The Application procedure for the program starts on June 1st
- Fill in an Application Form
- Email the Application Form, a copy of your passport and copies of your educational documents in English or in Russian.
- Wait for the official reply from the University ( about 2-3 weeks )
- Translate and notarize your educational documents in the Embassy of the Russian Federation in your country
- Apply for a Student Visa in your country
- Upon arrival to Samara submit all the original documents
- Sign the Contract and pay the tuition fee for the first semester/year Applicants who do not speak Russian are enrolled for the one-year Preparatory course, take an exam of the Russian language and after that submit the documents for the degree program.
Entry requirements (language, previous degree or training, etc.)
List of documents:
- International passport
- Migration Card (you'll get it at the Russian cross-border control)
- 6 color photos (size 3 x 4)
- Educational documents (high school certificate) and their certified copies, translated into Russian and notarized by a certified solicitor in the home country of the candidate.
- a certificate of health, issued by the official body of the home country and the original medical certificate that proves HIV-negative result taken within the last 30 days
Length of program
4 years of full-time study
126200 rubles per year
International applicants have an opportunity to receive the scholarships from the Russian Government. To apply for such scholarships you should contact the Representative office of Rossotrudnichestvo in the country of your residence.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 31, 2018