The Bachelor’s programme New Media Design offers you unique opportunities to work in the world of digital media. The programme combines graphic design, web development, interaction design and marketing communication to give you the multidisciplinary knowledge demanded by this exciting growth industry. The programme is open to applicants from around the world, and the teaching is carried out in English.
The teaching is carried out in English, and you will study alongside students from all over the world. You will also have the opportunity to study for a semester at one of our partner universities. This will give you international contacts, experience, and qualifications that will be valued highly by future employers.
Industrial Placement course
You will make direct contact with a company within the industry through an Industrial Placement Course (IPC). The IPC involves nine weeks of work experience at a company. Those who wish to do so can carry out this work experience abroad. The programme will also include industry involvement through activities such as guest lectures and job market days.
After completing your studies
Knowledge of web development and graphic design is a strength whether you want to work as an art director, graphic designer, a web, and app developer, a web strategist or in other advanced roles within print and electronic media. Possible workplaces include advertising and web agencies, marketing departments and newspapers/magazines. A bachelor’s degree in New Media Design from the School of Engineering at Jönköping University provides a sound foundation for many different professional roles such as graphic designer, front-end web developer, interaction designer and web strategist. After completing your studies, you will be able to work for web, advertising and communication agencies, marketing departments or your own company. As a graphic designer or an art director with a technical profile, your work duties may consist of designing websites, graphical interfaces, traditional printed materials and brand-building advertising materials. You may also work with search engine optimization and developing client and server solutions for web and mobile applications.
- Graphic Design and Visual Communication 15 credits
- User Research 7.5 credits
- Web and User Interface Design 7.5 credits
- Client-side Programming 15 credits
- Business and Entrepreneurship 7.5 credits
- Marketing Communication 7.5 credits
- Applied Web Architecture 15 credits
- Project Management and Methods 7.5 credits
- Information Architecture 7.5 credits
- Graphic Design for New Media 15 credits
- Research Methods in Computer Graphics and Informatics 7.5 credits
- Interaction Design 7.5 credits
- Motion Graphics 7.5 credits*
- Custom Project Management 7.5 credits*
- Server-side Programming 7.5 credits*
- Digital Marketing and Social Media 7.5 credits*
- Final Project Work 15 credits
- Industrial Placement Course 15 credits
*Can be exchanged for studies abroad.
- Credits: 180,0 ECTS
- Level: Bachelor's
- Rate of study: Full-time
- Place of study: Campus-based
- Language: English
- Start date: Autumn 2018
General entry requirements include high school diploma; with specific demand on mathematics, civic/social studies, and English proficiency.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 8, 2018