With a focus on entrepreneurship, this programme has been developed to encompass innovative business models for a digital age and provide you with the knowledge and skills in key aspects of the business of music, where the mantra ‘change equals opportunity’ holds true.
The course covers core aspects of the music industry ranging from cultural and historical perspectives, analysis and forecasting, legal frameworks and revenue streams to planning, budgeting, marketing and honing digital media skills across a wide variety of industry scenarios such as artist management, publishing, e-music and live event management.
The study programme consists of two courses, the well known and industry recognised SAE Music Business Diploma and the Bachelor level that provides you with additional skill sets and understanding of the creative industries, project management, intellectual property and specialised audio technique, leading to an internationally recognised BA/BSc (Hons) Music Business* degree, validated by Middlesex University, London.
There are different study modes available:
- Full time: The course is delivered full time where the standard duration is 96 weeks (24 months). This compact, fast-track study allows you to graduate quicker, and start your career earlier.
- Part-time: In case of part-time studies, there are 2 options available. Option one comprises a standard period of 120 weeks (30 months). Option 2 covers 168 weeks (42 months).
- University entrance qualification (Abitur or similar)
- Alternatively: minimum age of 18 years plus intermediate educational qualification and aptitude test
- Own notebook computer for office work, theoretical tests and own notes from lectures
- Language skills: students whose first language is not English will need a qualification that demonstrates competence in English; at least Level B2
- Artist Manager
- Studio Manager
- PR Director
- Music Journalist
- Booking Agent
- Royalty Analyst
- Social Content Editor
- Digital Strategist
- Social Content Writer
- Stage Manager
- Tour Co-ordinator
- Event Co-ordinator
- Human Resource Manager
- Tour promoter
- Touring Manager
- Event Manager
- Marketing officer
- Account Manager
- Music Business Lawyer
- Cruise Director
*Following successful completion of the SAE Diploma, students may be eligible to enrol in a programme validated by Middlesex University and study towards an Honours degree. Applicants who meet certain entry requirements may apply in the full-time mode of study. ±Not applicable for Non-EU residents) SAE Institute reserves the right to make revisions and changes to the information presented, in line with continuous improvement actions and stakeholder feedback.
About the School
SAE Institute was founded in 1976 and has since grown to become the world’s largest, industry-focussed creative media educator with 54 campuses in 26 countries. SAE’s curriculum has been carefully cra ... Read More