Math drives the world. It is the rationale behind computer security, economics, consumerism and so much more. With a 100 percent job placement rate, a degree in Mathematics from the University of Findlay allows you to drive change in any field you are passionate about.
- 100% Job Placement Rate.
- Work with faculty to decide the courses offered semester by semester.
- 100% Graduate school placement.
An Algorithm for Finding Eulerian Walks
Can a postman complete his mail route while only traveling down each street in his route exactly once? If so, he is going down Eulerian walks. This project focuses on the development of a computer algorithm that can find Eulerian walks in graphs and being able to apply the concept in real-life settings.
Hunting for Good (Will) Math
The two main problems from Good Will Hunting are the focus of this presentation. Learn about the solutions and ideas behind the problems as well as a brief history of the movie.
Four-color Theorem and Applications
The four-color theorem states that given any separation of a plane into contiguous regions, no more than four colors are required to color the regions so that no two adjacent regions have the same color. This project explores the math behind the theorem and real-world applications to improve efficiency.
Join the University of Findlay campus community to celebrate Mathematics and the professors and students moving the field forward.
Mathematics Day 2020
Tuesday, March 17
'Mathemagician' Dr. Arthur Benjamin to speak on campus
This year's event will feature nationally renowned mathematician Dr. Arthur Benjamin, also popularly known as the “Mathemagician," who has given a number of popular TED talks. Benjamin will speak in the Alumni Memorial Union's Multipurpose Room at 10 a.m. and at 1 p.m. The event will be free and open to the public.
Benjamin's goal is to teach math in interesting ways. He's the type of speaker that can make numbers dance. “There are three reasons we learn math: calculation, application, and inspiration," Benjamin said. “Yes, inspiration!"
In his day job, he's a professor of math at Harvey Mudd College in Claremont, California. When he's not teaching, he's talking in front of a different audience, usually in a tuxedo performing high-speed mental calculations, memorizations, and a variety of astounding math stunts.
- MATH 101 Fundamentals of Mathematics
- MATH 110 Intermediate Mathematics
- MATH 123 Elementary Statistics
- MATH 130 Practical Perspectives in Math
- MATH 132 Applied Mathematical Analysis
- MATH 133 Applied Calculus
- MATH 138 College Algebra
- MATH 139 Trigonometry
- MATH 140 Precalculus
- MATH 141 Calculus I
- MATH 142 Calculus II
- MATH 205 Mathematics for Early Childhood Teachers I
- MATH 206 Mathematics for Early Childhood Teachers II
- MATH 215 Mathematics for Middle Childhood Teachers and Intervention Specialists I
- MATH 216 Mathematics for Middle Childhood Teachers and Intervention Specialists II
- MATH 221 Integrated Statistical Analysis
- MATH 223 Applied Statistics and Data Analysis
- MATH 250 Calculus III
- MATH 295 Introduction to Discrete Mathematics
- MATH 301 Mathematics Technology
- MATH 302 Mathematical Introduction to Cryptology
- MATH 310 Differential Equations
- MATH 320 Concepts and Foundations of Mathematics
- MATH 330 Mathematical Modeling
- MATH 340 Financial Mathematics
- MATH 342 Linear Algebra
- MATH 343 Abstract Algebra
- MATH 345 Modern Geometry
- MATH 400 Topics in Mathematics
- MATH 410 Probability and Statistics
- MATH 420 Real Analysis
- MATH 495 Directed Mathematical Investigations
- MATH 499 Mathematics Internship
Bachelor’s Degree Requirements
A baccalaureate degree from the University is a structured program of study for at least 124 semester hours of credit which consists of CORE+ Curriculum for General Education and major requirements, and possibly elective courses depending on the student's course of study. Baccalaureate students may choose from multiple majors, minors, endorsements, and/or certificates. A baccalaureate course of study enables students to explore focused subject areas in considerable depth that correlate to diverse career and/or educational paths.
About the School
The University of Findlay is a flexible, forward-looking institution that is constantly seeking ways to better serve students and the community. In today’s fast-paced world, Findlay is continually ada ... Read More