Mathematical Department of Syiah Kuala University was established in 1989. It has 5 programs, namely Dynamic Application and Optimization, Algebra, Analysis and Geometry, Operations Research, Learning Media, and Ethno Mathematics. The Mathematical Department has a number of graduates who work in various fields and professions.
The teaching and learning process is supported by 19 official teaching staffs and a number of teaching staff assistants both from the Mathematical Department alumni and from various other relevant agencies. It is expected that with the diversity of teaching staff and the variety of experiences they have, can motivate students to achieve the future and develop their potential.
Extracurricular facilities and activities in the Mathematical Department are also one of the important factors for the students. They are not only required to be active in learning but also in various activities both on campus and those that are directly related to the community.
The Vision of the Mathematical Department
The vision of the Mathematical Department is to become the center of the study and development of leading mathematics in 2025 which synergizes science and technology with local, national and international potential.
The Mission of the Mathematical Department
- Produce graduates who are honest, excellent, independent, creative, innovative, entrepreneurial and have the ability to analyze problems systematically, precisely and logically, and be able to offer alternative solutions to support sustainable development.
- Increasing the expansion and equal distribution of access and the quality of learning, research and services in mathematics education with the support of accountable and transparent institutional governance systems.
- Establish national and international cooperation in the study and application of mathematics oriented to the potential of Aceh for the welfare of the people.
Competencies of Mathematical Department
Mathematical Department graduates are expected to have the following main competencies.
- Mastering the field of mathematical science that has been obtained and can develop it and publish the results to the public.
- Having the ability to develop self-potential, especially those related to the use of mathematics in various fields.
- Having a social community in the field of mathematics and its applications.
- Having good pedagogical skills so that he can transfer his knowledge in the field of mathematics and its application.
- Having the ability to identify, analyze and solve problems (phenomena) related to the field of mathematics.
- Having the ability to apply entrepreneurial models and/or the creation of new job opportunities in the field of mathematics and its applications and learning.
- Have the responsibility to develop and apply mathematics in various fields and implement them in people's lives.
- Having the ability to use learning technology in teaching mathematics and its applications.
Mathematical Department graduates are expected to have the following supporting competencies.
- Having good and polite academic ethics
- Having the ability and willingness to be independent and professional and always responsive to contemporary issues in the field of mathematics, their use and learning.
- Having adaptability and skills toward the dynamics of employment, the nature of work, and the ever-changing development of society.
- Having the ability to implement mathematics in various fields
- Have a spirit of innovation and creativity in applying the fields of knowledge that they master.
Mathematical Department graduates are expected to have other competencies, namely:
- Have good character and ethics as a scholar.
- Having a responsible, honest, hardworking and disciplined personality
- Having ethics and commitment to maintain professional attitudes within the scope of their activities.
- Have a good attitude in terms of interpersonal relationships (leadership, initiative, integrity, positive attitude, and team building.)
- Having the ability to develop and communicate effectively.
Period of Study
Study Period of Mathematical Department bachelor degree is 4 years (8 semesters).
Learning Outcomes Program
Attitude and Value - Sikap dan Tata Nilai (S):
- Have good morals, ethics, and personality in completing their duties
- Acting as citizens who are proud and love the country and promote peace worldwide.
- Be able to work together and have social sensitivity and high concern for the community and its environment.
- Respect the diversity of cultures, views, beliefs, and religions as well as the opinions / original encounters of others.
- Uphold the rule of law and have the spirit to prioritize the interests of the nation and the wider community.
General Skills - Keterampilan Umum (KU):
- Be able to apply logical, critical, systematic, and innovative thinking in the context of the development or implementation of science and technology that pays attention to and applies the values of humanities in accordance with their fields of expertise.
- Be able to demonstrate independent, quality and measurable performance.
- Be able to examine the implications of the development or implementation of science and technology that pay attention to and apply the values of the humanities in accordance with their expertise based on rules, procedures and scientific ethics in order to produce solutions, ideas, and designs.
- Be able to compile a scientific description of the results of the aforementioned study in the form of a thesis or final assignment report and upload it on the college page.
- Being able to make decisions appropriately in the context of problem-solving in his area of expertise, based on the results of the analysis of information and data.
- Be able to maintain and develop networks with counselors, colleagues, colleagues both inside and outside the institution.
- Be able to be responsible for achieving the results of group work and supervising and evaluating the completion of the work assigned to workers who are under their responsibility.
- Be able to carry out a self-evaluation process on work groups that are under their responsibility, and able to manage to learn independently.
- Be able to document, store, secure, and rediscover data to ensure validity and prevent plagiarism.
Special Skills - Ketrampilan Khusus (KK):
- Be able to develop mathematical thinking that starts from procedural/computational understanding so that broad understanding includes exploration, logical reasoning, generalization, abstraction, and formal evidence.
- Be able to observe, recognize, formulate, and solve problems through mathematical approaches with or without the help of software.
- Be able to reconstruct, modify, analyze/think structurally to the mathematical problems of a system/problem, assess the accuracy and interpret it.
- Be able to utilize various alternative mathematical problem solving that has been available independently or in groups for the right decision making.
- Be able to adapt or develop themselves, both in the field of mathematics and other relevant fields (including fields in the world of work.)
Knowledge of Assignment - Penugasan Pengetahuan (PP):
- Mastering the theoretical concepts of mathematics including mathematical logic, discrete mathematics, algebra, analysis, and geometry, as well as opportunity theory and statistics.
- Mastering the principles of mathematical modeling, linear programs, differential equations, and numerical methods.
About the School
The mission of Syiah Kuala University is to implement “Tri Dharma – three denotations” of higher learning institutions that support local, national and international development by utilizing available ... Read More